Author Topic: NXD question  (Read 13719 times)

Offline Tom Parkes 2

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: NXD question
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2014, 02:14:50 PM »
Interestingly, I can read the metadata in the sample file in PM without any problem (and also in NX2) but my PM preferences are to read embedded IPTC first. Is that not the default? I can't recall having changed the settings in that area.

I'm with Hayo on the proprietary sidecars being the ultimate deal breaker for me with NXD.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 02:17:56 PM by Tom Parkes 2 »

Offline bazography

• View Profile
Re: NXD question
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2014, 02:37:53 PM »
Interestingly, I can read the metadata in the sample file in PM without any problem (and also in NX2) but my PM preferences are to read embedded IPTC first. Is that not the default? I can't recall having changed the settings in that area.

I'm with Hayo on the proprietary sidecars being the ultimate deal breaker for me with NXD.

In IPTC preferences there are 3 built-in snapshots depending on which products you use, and they are all set to read XMP first. I use the settings for NX-2.

Yup, sidecars are going to be a deal breaker for almost everyone I think. If metadata was not an issue, and if it would update previews so PM could see the edited file, then NX-D might stand a chance. Otherwise I can't see how it could be integrated into any reasonable workflow. Here's hoping they get enough feedback to decide to make some changes.