Author Topic: Ingesst and Nikon D7100  (Read 2911 times)

Offline jreid13

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Ingesst and Nikon D7100
« on: May 13, 2014, 11:36:28 AM »
I am unable to ingest from my D7100 i recently upgraded from my D40 that had no issues with ingest.  I can get the photos through windows and Lightroom but PM5 will not see my D7100. Is there a setting I'm missing? 

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingesst and Nikon D7100
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 12:00:28 PM »
I am unable to ingest from my D7100 i recently upgraded from my D40 that had no issues with ingest.  I can get the photos through windows and Lightroom but PM5 will not see my D7100. Is there a setting I'm missing?

Unless your camera mounts its card as a disk, you'll need to use a dedicated card reader device (USB, FireWire, or Thunderbolt).

-Kirk

Offline Brandon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 03:50:14 PM »
Nikon used to have a USB Mass Storage mode on its cameras that would allow it to mount the card straight to your filesystem from within the camera. They no longer include this feature as it's now recommended that you use a Card Reader with DSLRs since they provide a fast and reliable way to transfer your data without having to plug your camera into a computer. In effect, you will need to start using a Card Reader as Kirk has mentioned in order to use Ingest with your D7100. The reason it does not work is because the camera now connects as a Device rather than a Disk and we do not have support for Ingest from a non-mountable location.

Screen shot is of a Nikon D100 Setup Menu showing the USB Mass Storage option. Nikon no longer supports this feature in its cameras.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 03:57:52 PM by Brandon »

Offline jreid13

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 07:01:51 AM »
Thank you Kirk and Brandon. I had a feeling that was the issue but wanted to double check before I started searching for my card reader.