Author Topic: Save to sub folders  (Read 3447 times)

Offline jvvjvv

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Save to sub folders
« on: June 30, 2014, 12:04:45 PM »
After editing from a main folder, when I use the drop down in PS to pick where to save, I only get main folders. How do you do you save to a sub folder.

Also I get a TXT COS CID and a few others in the file after down loading the images to a folder.  They are always at the end of the photos, so no big deal, I just leave them there.  I just dn loaded a ton of images from my lap top I took on a weeks vacation, to my desk top.  I had about a dozen sub folders and I down loaded the main folder only.  Got all the images, but not broken into a sub folder list. I ended up with 40-50 of these CID COS images  all over the place.....how to not have them show up at all..........(if I open them, there is never anything, except a larger version).....don't know what they are even for?

Thanks. Jack

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Save to sub folders
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 12:47:21 PM »
Jack,

After editing from a main folder, when I use the drop down in PS to pick where to save, I only get main folders. How do you do you save to a sub folder.

PS?  Photoshop?  Or is this a Photo Mechanic question?

Also I get a TXT COS CID and a few others in the file after down loading the images to a folder.  They are always at the end of the photos, so no big deal, I just leave them there.  I just dn loaded a ton of images from my lap top I took on a weeks vacation, to my desk top.  I had about a dozen sub folders and I down loaded the main folder only.  Got all the images, but not broken into a sub folder list. I ended up with 40-50 of these CID COS images  all over the place.....how to not have them show up at all..........(if I open them, there is never anything, except a larger version).....don't know what they are even for?

How are you downloading your images?  With Photo Mechanic's Ingest?  Or some other method?

If you're using Ingest, are you Ingesting Disks or Folders?  Both methods download from the selected location, including all subfolders.  If you only want to copy images from one specific folder and not subfolders, just browse the folder as a Contact Sheet, select the items you're interested in and use the Copy/Move command on the File menu and choose your destination folder method and copy or move the images.  Only the selected items will be copied or moved.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline jvvjvv

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Save to sub folders
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 07:04:24 PM »
kirk........thanks for the quick reply.

PS?  Photoshop?  Or is this a Photo Mechanic question?
/quote]

sorry..if I had thought it through...it is a PS drop down.

How are you downloading your images?  With Photo Mechanic's Ingest?  Or some other method?
/quote]

I uses your ingest ..works great.........from lap top to a memory card....insert memory card in desktop. 
All the photos in the main folder and all the photos in  sub folders get transferred, but now the are all in 1 main folder.  All drop down sub folders are gone......(even tho ALL the photos get transferred....they are just in 1 large folder). I have already made new sub folders and fixed it, but am thing of the next time. Photo Mech is on the lap top too.

Also how can I not have the TXT COS  "things" not show up??