Author Topic: Keywording for Alamy  (Read 2630 times)

Offline limey

• View Profile
Keywording for Alamy
« on: August 05, 2014, 10:11:20 AM »
For those of you who are with Alamy, how can you enter keywords on P/M that will show up in Essential keywords box and all other keywords go into Main keywords box instead of Comprehensive keywords box? I am using version 4.6.9

Offline Sport Picture Library

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • www.sportpicturelibrary.com
Re: Keywording for Alamy
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 03:17:11 PM »
Alamy's insistence of a three tier key wording system is a total pain and a burden to contributors -especially when brutal time has already been taken to apply comprehensive IPTC. I hate doing the same work twice.

The only method that works for me; I make sure I 'always' put the most important keyword first, players name, etc.

I use as much of Alamy's batch processing as I can but not for keywords as they vary from image to image. I use keyboard shortcuts to copy and paste keywords, also using only keyboard shortcuts to shuffle between the three keyword panels to paste, etc, however, it's still a laborious process.

Lightroom plug-in (not for me) http://www.lightroom-plugins.com/AlamyIndex.php

The CEO of Alamy recently announced they are in the process of making uploading images less hassle - long overdue!

Submitting images to Corbis re keywords (provided understanding their dislikes) is a breeze in comparison to Alamy.

Offline limey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 07:54:55 AM »
Thanks for replying, like you I am copying and pasting which is a pain in the butt. Lets hope that Alamy make changes.

Offline Andymann

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 02:40:21 AM »
I totally agree with Sport Picture Library. Keywording for Alamy is far from being easy and quick with PM or any other Keywording-tool.