Author Topic: Crop Tool problem  (Read 2936 times)

Offline Reed

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Crop Tool problem
« on: July 18, 2014, 06:25:50 AM »
Running V 5.0, build 15800 on Mac OSX 10.9.4, when I use the crop tool, I'm unable to deselect a crop I've drawn by clicking outside the crop box. In other words the crop rectangle remains regardless of what I do. The only way I can remove the crop is to go to the Crop options box and click the "Remove" button. This is different than before.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 06:28:48 AM by Reed »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Crop Tool problem
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 07:13:14 AM »
Reed,

True.  From the release notes:

• Crop changes: clicking outside of a crop while the Crop tool is active no longer clears the crop and starts a new one. Instead it rotates the crop. Resizing crops from the edges is now easier due to a proportionally sized hit box on the inside of the crop rectangle. When Preview crops are present but the Crop tool is inactive, the sizing corners, grid overlay, and cross-hair are not drawn in order to give feedback that the crop is not currently editable.

• The ‘C’ key no longer toggles Color Management. It has been repurposed to turn the Crop tool on and off. If a crop exists on a photo, pressing Modifier-C (Shift on Windows, Option on Mac) will remove the crop.

• Crops can now be nudged via the keyboard. Modifier-arrows while the Crop tool is active allow movement of the crop. Holding down the Shift key on Mac or Ctrl key on Windows and using the arrow keys will move the crop by ten pixels at a time.

You can read all of the release notes in the included ReadMe.pdf file or via this link: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=9246.0

The changes were intentional.

-Kirk

Offline Reed

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Crop Tool problem
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 05:03:55 AM »
Kirk - thanks, should have responded earlier. Option-C does the trick for me, saves going to the "Remove" box all the time. Amazing what reading the release notes will do for you!  :D