Author Topic: Edit in one window while exporting in another..  (Read 5583 times)

Offline Craig_S44

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Edit in one window while exporting in another..
« on: April 19, 2015, 08:10:30 PM »
Fairly sure this can not be done

I would love to be able to continue making selections on one set of images, while exporting a batch via "Save image..." from a different set of images from another window.  Is this kind of multitasking possible, I can't be the only one that would like it.

Craig

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Edit in one window while exporting in another..
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 08:11:29 PM »
Craig,

Fairly sure this can not be done

I would love to be able to continue making selections on one set of images, while exporting a batch via "Save image..." from a different set of images from another window.  Is this kind of multitasking possible, I can't be the only one that would like it.

No, it's not possible.  Only one export operation can exist at any one time.  It is a modal operation.

-Kirk

Offline Craig_S44

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 08:52:34 PM »
Hi Kirk,

Thanks for your response

I don't want to export from two windows simultaneously - just export from one while being able to tag / select images in another.  I am not sure if that is what you meant, your response though made it look as though you thought I wanted to do a "Save Image As..." command from two window's at the same time, which is not what I meant.

Craig
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 08:57:55 PM by Craig_S44 »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 10:10:14 PM »
Craig,

Thanks for your response

I don't want to export from two windows simultaneously - just export from one while being able to tag / select images in another.  I am not sure if that is what you meant, your response though made it look as though you thought I wanted to do a "Save Image As..." command from two window's at the same time, which is not what I meant.

I understand what you're asking for but, due to architectural issues, we cannot allow you to use Contact Sheets while export operations are in process.

-Kirk

Offline Craig_S44

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 10:14:56 PM »
Well, maybe some day in the future if changes are made that would allow this to be possible, that would be a great feature to have, or is it possible to run two instances of PM at the same time? (paying appropriate licensing, of course)

Cheers

Craig

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2015, 10:17:29 PM »
Craig,

Well, maybe some day in the future if changes are made that would allow this to be possible, that would be a great feature to have, or is it possible to run two instances of PM at the same time? (paying appropriate licensing, of course)

It doesn't matter how many licenses you have, there can only be one instance of Photo Mechanic running at any one time.

-Kirk