Author Topic: Remove Urgency Drop Down  (Read 1718 times)

Offline Austinharvill

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Remove Urgency Drop Down
« on: July 13, 2015, 11:38:05 PM »
Team,

I'm fairly new to photo mechanic, but I am aware of all of the IPTC codes from other programs. The only thing I can't seem to remedy is the Urgency Drop Down list. My employer requires we have an "F" in that field, but as we know there are only the different static values available. Is there any way to remove that drop down and put in my own values?

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: Remove Urgency Drop Down
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 03:45:53 AM »
Are you sure he wants an F in that field and not the number that corresponds to F in his system? The reason I'm asking is because that field is a number so F is not even a valid entry. In fact only the numbers you can select from the drop down are really valid here...
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 07:40:45 AM »
I'm fairly new to photo mechanic, but I am aware of all of the IPTC codes from other programs. The only thing I can't seem to remedy is the Urgency Drop Down list. My employer requires we have an "F" in that field, but as we know there are only the different static values available. Is there any way to remove that drop down and put in my own values?

No.  Urgency is a numeric field.

-Kirk

Offline Austinharvill

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 12:54:48 AM »
Thanks Hayo and Kirk. It is for the military, and it is just a very dated system that is trying to keep up with IPTC core values, but there are still some "legacy" requirements like I stated that just don't transfer well with any program. If there is anyway to somehow trick the system into recognizing any one of those values as the letter "F," please let me know!

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 03:56:44 AM »
Can you provide a small sample file that has the F you are looking for? I can then have a look if I can think of a solution for you.
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl