Author Topic: PM6+ reduced to icon in Dock: cannot re-open  (Read 3004 times)

Offline Stephen_C

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM6+ reduced to icon in Dock: cannot re-open
« on: April 26, 2019, 04:00:40 AM »
Camera: Leica Q2 & Canon 1DX Mk II
Type of image: DNG & CR2
Computer: MacBook Pro, late 2016, Intel Core i7 2.7GHz, 16GB RAM
macOS: 10.14.4
Type of connection: locally stored catalogue
PM6+ version: 6.0, build 3029
Operation I was doing: close all active tabs (including "untitled") leaving the PM6+ icon in the Dock. Right click on the icon to select a folder of photos to open...nothing happens.

I hope I have managed to explain clearly what happens and how to trigger it. It seems there should be a way of opening PM6+ from the Dock (I've chosen not to "Keep in Dock") but I'm unable to open any PM6+ folder of photos by right clicking on the icon and then choosing that folder. Instead, I have to quit PM6+ and re-launch it...only to find it's then lost my default window and pane sizes.

Stephen

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: PM6+ reduced to icon in Dock: cannot re-open
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 04:25:13 AM »
I think this is similar to the Build 3023 in the normal support forum.

Try selecting New Contact Sheet Tab from the File menu and see if that brings back the hidden window like in the other post. Clearly some kind of bug though (introduced with the latest builds; previous builds did not have this issue, at least not in this form).
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline Stephen_C

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: PM6+ reduced to icon in Dock: cannot re-open
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 07:20:01 AM »
Try selecting New Contact Sheet Tab from the File menu and see if that brings back the hidden window like in the other post.

Yes, indeed that works: thanks. I ought to keep reading the main PM6 forum and not merely this forum!

Stephen