Photo Mechanic Plus > Feature Requests

Feature request: List View

<< < (2/3) > >>

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: syncrasy on May 03, 2019, 08:13:36 AM ---I think we can agree that a native List View is preferable to a third party plug-in. I just hope the PM+ beta architecture and design isn't so "baked in" that Camera Bits won't be able (and willing) to make some modifications.

--- End quote ---

Adding a List View to Photo Mechanic Plus is not something that we're planning to implement at this time, nor is a plugin architecture that would enable such a thing to be created.  We may decide to do this in the future, but not before Photo Mechanic Plus ships.  That said, we're very much willing to make other kinds of changes to suit the needs of our users as long as they fit in with our current architecture.

-Kirk

timesnaps:
Yes, +1 more for this list view (without the thumbnail even). Super useful when looking for different sizes of the same pic --> sort by dimensions, voila!

("No" to plug-ins, export lists and other convoluted ways)

esambo:
Yes, being able to customize what metadata to show below a thumbnail (or in a list view) would be very helpful. And Media Pro with it's 10 fields was extremely flexible, helpful and nice.
I guess it could be similar to the current Menu: Edit: Settings: Set Info Text..., although it would be nice to have scrippting language support to do more advanced text formatting & layout than just the simple {tab} (which renders as different amount of spaces depending where it is being displayed)

syncrasy:

--- Quote from: esambo on May 14, 2019, 07:23:36 PM ---Yes, being able to customize what metadata to show below a thumbnail (or in a list view) would be very helpful. And Media Pro with it's 10 fields was extremely flexible, helpful and nice.
I guess it could be similar to the current Menu: Edit: Settings: Set Info Text..., although it would be nice to have scrippting language support to do more advanced text formatting & layout than just the simple {tab} (which renders as different amount of spaces depending where it is being displayed)

--- End quote ---

Judging from Mick's comment above, I believe PM/PM+ already allows for customization of labels in its thumbnail view (Contact Sheet). In Preferences: Contact Sheet: Labels, you can adjust which labels appear using PM variables (e.g., "{mnn3} {day} {year4} {time} S#:{snum:-3,3}").

The main point of my feature request is to have a List View to complement the current thumbnail view (Contact Sheet). Customizing fields would be an assumed function (since PM already has the architecture).

EyeinHand:
+1 for a List View. After the selection process in thumbnail Contact Sheet, the work moves to metadata processing. The list view lets you quickly scan to see what you have and what's missing, sort by photographer, project, etc., then fill in the missing data. Something not practical to do one image at a time, or using Find, or externally in a text file or spreadsheet. It's critical to our workflow.

We do export fields in text or Excel format, to modify and reimport for bulk processing, but that starts with a list view to quickly determine what's necessary, or if it is. Small batch changes are made directly within the list view using multi-selection edits.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version