Author Topic: Tool Adjust Captures Dates and Times  (Read 1427 times)

Offline Igor

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Tool Adjust Captures Dates and Times
« on: May 31, 2019, 03:54:55 AM »
Please return the time and date of creation of the file from EXIF. In PM5 such function was.

Offline Ernesto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Tool Adjust Captures Dates and Times
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 10:34:49 AM »
I miss this also badly. I already mentioned this a few weeks ago, but got the response, that this was done because of some issues with some backup software, which are based on time stamps.
My opinion is, that if my backup software has problems with this date and time setting, you may not use this function. But I very often use the Finder/Explorer for organization and therefore the capture date and time could be very helpful as creation/modification date of the picture.

Offline dennis

• President
  • Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Tool Adjust Captures Dates and Times
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 11:54:38 AM »
Ernst,

http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=12256.0

PM still gets the capture time from Exif and this is what PM adjusts (the date/time strings in Exif).

Additionally PM used to have the option to set the file system modification time.  This was removed as explained in the above topic you originally posted on.

You still have the additional option to reset the file system creation time to the newly adjusted capture time.

The option to update XMP was removed as this is always done now in PM6 (because XMP contains creation date strings which will survive the removal of Exif as is done by some software such as Photoshop).

Hopefully this is clear now.

--dennis