Author Topic: GPS Bearing  (Read 1970 times)

Offline mklass

• View Profile
    • Mick Klass Photography
GPS Bearing
« on: November 30, 2019, 04:47:25 AM »
I have been doing some aerial photography and use a Solmetia GPS unit on my D850. PM is doing a good job of importing what data it will, but I am looking for a way to sort the images for selection and culling using the bearing (direction the camera was pointing). The photography generally involves a couple circles of the subject.

Attached is a screenshot of the GPS data that is in a typical file, according to ExifChanger. The GPS.ImgDirection field would seem to contain the necessary information. There does not seem to be any way to display this in PM's metadata window, so I thought I would try to enter the filename using the {bearingfrom} or {bearing} variable.When I did that, the variable was replaced (in the case of {bearingto}, for example) with values between 15.6 and 16.0. I was expecting a set of values between 0 and 360.

I tried this in both PM6 and PM6+ beta. I am running Mona MacBookPro with OS X 10.15.1.

Any suggestions on how I can accomplish this?

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
Re: GPS Bearing
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 01:29:17 PM »
Might be helpful to include a file that has the GPS data for us to play with?  I can't say for sure.

I'm also assuming you tried the {gpsdir} variable?

- (The other) Mick
Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline mklass

• View Profile
    • Mick Klass Photography
Re: GPS Bearing
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 08:20:17 PM »
Thanks for the reply, Mick.

I had not noticed the gpsdir variable. That worked. I guess I should write PM for Dummies. I'm qualified.