Author Topic: PM with Bibble  (Read 4899 times)

Offline robok

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM with Bibble
« on: April 18, 2007, 07:27:42 PM »
Does anyone use PM with Bibble?  Is it possible to have PM build a Work queue for Bibble?  Other programs can do that, but with some sort of scripting.

Any tips on using these two programs together?

Thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM with Bibble
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 07:35:39 PM »
Does anyone use PM with Bibble?  Is it possible to have PM build a Work queue for Bibble?  Other programs can do that, but with some sort of scripting.

Any tips on using these two programs together?

Hopefully someone else will be able to help you, because we (Camera Bits, Inc.) have very little experience with Bibble.

-Kirk

Offline robok

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 01:04:59 PM »
I guess not.  maybe over the weekend someone will offer some Bibble-PM tips.

Offline robok

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 07:19:42 PM »
Kirk,

Is there any way with PM to create a text list of selected images.

Bibble works with text files that list images for processing.  If I could create a semi-automated process that might be better than nothing.

So I am thinking I do the culling and select the Keepers.  Use a PM command to copy the file names.  Go to a text editor to paste these files into the Bibble queue and fire it up.

A little rough, but can PM create a list of file names?

Thanks,
Rob.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 08:01:27 PM »
Is there any way with PM to create a text list of selected images.

Bibble works with text files that list images for processing.  If I could create a semi-automated process that might be better than nothing.

So I am thinking I do the culling and select the Keepers.  Use a PM command to copy the file names.  Go to a text editor to paste these files into the Bibble queue and fire it up.

A little rough, but can PM create a list of file names?

Do you need the full path to the files or just the names?  Either way, you can use the Export command, and choose the Text template.  In the text box you would enter:

{filename}

And it will generate a text file containing a list of all of the filenames that were selected.

If you want the full path, then use:

{path}

instead.

HTH,

-Kirk

P.S. If you want tighter integration of Photo Mechanic with Bibble, then maybe you could point me to some documentation on how to 'drive' Bibble...

Offline robok

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 07:54:16 AM »
I don't think there is much to point you to unfortunately.  In the next release (v5) they will have more automation support.

What can be done with the current version is to create a Work Queue (aka a Collection or a Grouping).  These are stored simply as text files which makes it easier for other programs to create.

Work queues are stored in

C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\bibble\work

and have a file name of "QueueName.work", so you might create a "PhotoMechanic.work" file and the contents are the full pathed names of the files:

Code: [Select]
QueueName

J:\Media\Pictures\2007\01 - Jan\2007-01-21_aisling\NEF\2007-01-21_04835_aisling_d70s.nef
J:\Media\Pictures\2007\01 - Jan\2007-01-21_aisling\NEF\2007-01-21_04836_aisling_d70s.nef
J:\Media\Pictures\2007\01 - Jan\2007-01-21_aisling\NEF\2007-01-21_04837_aisling_d70s.nef
J:\Media\Pictures\2007\01 - Jan\2007-01-21_aisling\NEF\2007-01-21_04838_aisling_d70s.nef

The first line of the file has the queue name, then a blank line, then a list of file names.

The tighter integration would be for PM ratings to be picked up by Bibble.  Does PM store ratings in the IPTC, if so in what field?

Thanks for your support on this!  I think Bibble is gaining in popularity, so this integration would be great.

Rob.

EDIT:  Using the Export with Text template worked perfect. 
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 08:33:53 AM by robok »