Author Topic: Toggle subfolders  (Read 1045 times)

Offline Marziah

• View Profile
Toggle subfolders
« on: August 17, 2021, 03:23:02 PM »
Ole Asheim created topic
2 years ago on Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 1:46 PM
I will suggest that you make it more intuitive to browse folders including subfolders by adding a subfolder on/off switch (see red text).

Subfolder toggle switch.jpg
Subfolder to...
( 429 KB )

8 people upvoted this

David Dyer-Bennet replied
11 months ago on Thu, Sep 24, 2020 at 9:26 PM
 Turning sub-directories on and off is important to me; I frequently work on projects with more than one shooting session. I find myself starting up Adobe Bridge to deal with that -- which never ends well since Bridge is big, slow, and flakey. But I never remember how to do it in Photo mechanic.

Nigel Paterson replied
10 months ago on Sun, Oct 11, 2020 at 2:36 PM
This feature would be awesome - it's called Drilldown in Kyno, and that's a good example of how it can work.

Dan Caligor replied
10 months ago on Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 3:10 PM
Agreed. I use nested folders for projects, with finished edits at the "root" and source images and outtakes in subfolders. If I understand correctly there is no way in Plus to view just the root images as one would in Bridge without loading the contents of the subfolders as well. A simple toggle in the Browse UI would solve this problem nicely.

John Bowden replied
10 months ago on Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 10:26 AM
Adobe Lightroom has the ability to toggle subfolders on/off in a selection on the Grid.  If you are looking to attract more Lightroom users (and many are looking for an alternative to the monthly subscription model), then adding this feature would be one more reason for them to switch to Photo Mechanic Plus.
Dan Caligor replied
7 months ago on Wed, Jan 13 at 8:01 AM
I absolutely agree. Without this simple capability I find myself constantly switching between PM+ and Bridge. Having the ability to toggle prominently placed in UI is also a good idea. And without it, I must choose between using PM+ and reorganizing how my files are structured.

I will add that the same functionality / UI can work for filter [by folder path] as well.