Author Topic: Text export including collection name  (Read 1078 times)

Offline admcb

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Text export including collection name
« on: November 11, 2021, 03:24:31 PM »
I'd like to be able to export a text file of information for selected images that includes the name of any collections that contain the image.

For example, I can currently export a text file by selecting images and using the Export > Text Exporter to create a text file.  By using the variables {path} and {keyword} I can create a list of the selected images and the applied keywords.  We can use this list as input to other applications for different types of processing and look at the keywords to see what needs to be done.

In our case, we've created ~50 collections that contain about 26,000 images divided into different categories.  We would like to analyze and and modify the images in different ways based on the collection.  However, there is no {collection} or similar variable that will add the name of the collection. A text file with the spec "{path}{tab}{collection}" would give us what we need.

We could use keywords but there are a few disadvantages:
- Applying keywords modifies the file.  Not only is the file changed, changing a lot of keywords requires a lot of time-consuming i/o.
- Managing images with keywords seems like a significantly less efficient approach than using collections.  In particular, we'd have to manually apply keywords to each collection and make sure they are kept up to date.
- It doesn't take full advantage of the underlying database architecture in the Plus version.

Please let me know if you would like more information.  Thanks.