Author Topic: Wrong collection shown with Add to/Remove from collection  (Read 3898 times)

Offline DavidHoffmanuk

• View Profile
Re: Wrong collection shown with Add to/Remove from collection
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2022, 11:26:54 AM »
I installed 6327 (b21b0d3) earlier today. It's no problem installing another build and there have been no problems to log as yet. Shall I go for the newer one or stick?

David

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2022, 11:42:37 AM »
David,

I installed 6327 (b21b0d3) earlier today. It's no problem installing another build and there have been no problems to log as yet. Shall I go for the newer one or stick?

I suggested the 6331 build so that you can test both issues.  I split your one topic into its own post so that the two issues can be maintained separately.  Here is that other thread: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=14847.0

If you're unable to reproduce the wrong collection shown issue, then you may as well get the 6331 build and try to reproduce the Sync Collection Counts Incorrect issue instead.

-Kirk

Offline DavidHoffmanuk

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2022, 05:15:14 AM »
Hi Kirk

I'm using build 6331 (4456899).

I've made some new collections and the image counts are still inconsistent.

An existing collection "no caption" shows 62097 files but when opened the contact sheet has 62025. I selected all of these files and made a new collection with them. That also showed 62097 and found 62025 in the contact.

I did a new search for no keyword. That found 211996, I tried to make a new collection with them but despite several attempts that collection remained empty. I've seen long delays with large collections in  the past but this was still empty the next morning.

I then selected the first 2000 of the found files and added them to that empty collection. That collection then showed 1998 and the contact sheet found 1997. (Screenshot '220303 collection count error 1")

I then selected 5000 of the found files and added them to a new collection. That collection then showed 4995 and the contact sheet found 4994.(Screenshot '220303 collection count error 2")

I'll send the PM_log.zip and the catalog.pmdb to your ftp but I can't find a cat_state.sq3 file. Is that only a Windows thing? If not then where should it be on a Mac?

As well as the anomalous count problem there also appears to be a problem when adding large numbers of files to a collection.

I've not seen a recurrence of the wrong collection name appearing in the contextual menu.

David

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2022, 07:59:34 AM »
David,

I'm using build 6331 (4456899).

OK, I had hoped that you would have put this post on the other thread, but that's OK, I can work with two issues on one thread.

An existing collection "no caption" shows 62097 files but when opened the contact sheet has 62025. I selected all of these files and made a new collection with them. That also showed 62097 and found 62025 in the contact.

I did a new search for no keyword. That found 211996, I tried to make a new collection with them but despite several attempts that collection remained empty. I've seen long delays with large collections in  the past but this was still empty the next morning.

I then selected the first 2000 of the found files and added them to that empty collection. That collection then showed 1998 and the contact sheet found 1997. (Screenshot '220303 collection count error 1")

I then selected 5000 of the found files and added them to a new collection. That collection then showed 4995 and the contact sheet found 4994.(Screenshot '220303 collection count error 2")

Are you getting a metadata preload progress dialog before you see items being added to the collection?

I'll send the PM_log.zip and the catalog.pmdb to your ftp but I can't find a cat_state.sq3 file. Is that only a Windows thing? If not then where should it be on a Mac?

It should be in this location:

/Users/<your username>/Library/Application Support/Camera Bits, Inc/Photo Mechanic/catalog/state/cat_state.sq3

The easiest way to get there is to open a new Finder window and then use the "Go to Folder..." command on the Go menu.  Enter:

~/Library/Application Support/Camera Bits, Inc/Photo Mechanic/catalog/state/

As well as the anomalous count problem there also appears to be a problem when adding large numbers of files to a collection.

I've not seen a recurrence of the wrong collection name appearing in the contextual menu.

OK, please be on the lookout for it happening again and generate a new log as soon as you notice another occurrence.

I see your newly uploaded file on our server and I am downloading it now.

-Kirk

Offline DavidHoffmanuk

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2022, 08:15:00 AM »
Thanks Kirk

I'm ftp-ing the cat_state.sq3 file now. It's from a few hours later than the log and catalog.pmdb files.

David

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2022, 08:18:42 AM »
I'm ftp-ing the cat_state.sq3 file now. It's from a few hours later than the log and catalog.pmdb files.

Thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2022, 02:18:22 PM »
David,

In each of these cases, did you have the "Combined Images" item checked in the View menu?  If so, I think the differences are due to the RAW+JPEG pairing being on and when two images are paired, they count as one in the contact sheet.  I think that you'll find that if you uncheck that menu item, the counts will be correct.  The collection count does not take pairing into account (it doesn't know whether you'll end up combining images or not.)

-Kirk