Author Topic: Same day different folder ingest  (Read 3079 times)

Offline Michael E

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Same day different folder ingest
« on: September 18, 2007, 08:45:33 AM »
I have "Copy Photos into Dated Folder" selected in the Ingest dialog box. My directory path goes to a particular event. I ingest the photos the first time and everything works as it should. Two hours later I change the directory slightly to show a new event. What I'm finding is the folder that's already open with photos from the previous event begins taking on photos from the second event being ingested. Is it because the photos are being ingested on the same date even though I'm changing the path? Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Same day different folder ingest
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 09:03:34 AM »
I have "Copy Photos into Dated Folder" selected in the Ingest dialog box. My directory path goes to a particular event. I ingest the photos the first time and everything works as it should. Two hours later I change the directory slightly to show a new event. What I'm finding is the folder that's already open with photos from the previous event begins taking on photos from the second event being ingested. Is it because the photos are being ingested on the same date even though I'm changing the path? Thanks.

I can't tell enough from your description.  Can you use your OS's (Finder or Windows Explorer) to check for certain?

How are you changing the path?

-Kirk

Offline Michael E

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 01:19:30 PM »
I'm using OS X and changing paths with the Finder.

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 01:42:27 PM »
I don't really understand Michael's situation from his description but I have a seemingly similar ingest problem: on certain ocasions of unknown reason usually one or two images are ingested into a next day folder than the image is taken. I ingest into folder with name but the name string contains {year2}{month0}{day0}_Eventname . Most images are ingested as they should but one or two happens to be located into a folder with the date of the next day. My first thought was to shoot the event ater midnight, but checking the image I see an afternoon image and file time also displays it to be shot afternoon but the next day the event took place (and perhaps a time after the actual ingest so it is impossible to be shot that time).

Since it affects usually only 1-2 images I simply adjust time with the appropriate tool in PM, but I cannot understand the cause and it may relate to Michael's problem...
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Michael E

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 02:18:07 PM »
I wish this were easier to describe. My first folder might say: Event1>20070918. For the next ingest on the same day I change the path in the Ingest dialog to Event2. For some reason I'm getting the photos from Event1 in the dated folder of Event2. Yes, I formated the disk so they aren't the same images being ingested again. Given that my dated folder is the same ie. 20070918 for many events is Photo Mechanic 4.5.2 seeing the 20070918 contact sheet on my Desktop and somehow overriding the path I've chosen for subsequent ingests? Again, my apologies if this doesn't make sense. The extenuating circumstance here is my Secondary Destination is checked and there is a path created to it as well but I don't that that affects the Primary Destination which is where I'm having the problem.