Author Topic: IPTC stationery interface tweak  (Read 4774 times)

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
IPTC stationery interface tweak
« on: December 14, 2007, 04:31:30 AM »
I have a suggestion for a small tweak to IPTC Stationery Pad interface - to make it easier to see if one has checked some fields or not.\

The proposal: Have all fields which are unchecked display a darker shade of grey (the actual text input field itself). Or maybe a customisable colour in the preferences (for resolving possible conflicting with e.g. Windows colour schemes).

I don't know how easy is that handled in Cocoa, but if yes, it would allow easier differentiation between IPTC fields which are checked for apply and unchecked ones.

Frantisek

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: IPTC stationery interface tweak
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 08:22:06 AM »
I have a suggestion for a small tweak to IPTC Stationery Pad interface - to make it easier to see if one has checked some fields or not.

The proposal: Have all fields which are unchecked display a darker shade of grey (the actual text input field itself). Or maybe a customisable colour in the preferences (for resolving possible conflicting with e.g. Windows colour schemes).

I don't know how easy is that handled in Cocoa, but if yes, it would allow easier differentiation between IPTC fields which are checked for apply and unchecked ones.

The presence or absence of the check marks are not enough?

The only way I know to control the color of the checkboxes and their text labels is to create my own controls/subclass which is not the simplest of tasks.

On Windows it is easier.

-Kirk

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
Re: IPTC stationery interface tweak
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 08:36:06 AM »
The presence or absence of the check marks are not enough?
The only way I know to control the color of the checkboxes and their text labels is to create my own controls/subclass which is not the simplest of tasks.
On Windows it is easier.
-Kirk

I see. I said I didn't know how hard that would be in Cocoa app :)

To elaborate, the check marks are a good indication, but this would be more visual. I have forgotten few times to mark the box, in hurry. Especially with Graphitte OS X theme where everything is lower contrast anyway.

But if it is not as simple as I though, please put it to the bottom of the drawer - it was just an idea for future interface tweks :)