Author Topic: Getting out of Zoom Mode  (Read 10777 times)

Offline Hydester

• View Profile
    • Hotel Resort Photography
Getting out of Zoom Mode
« on: June 21, 2006, 07:44:45 AM »
Hi

Getting into Zoom mode is easy ...just hit the '+'  button

Once in Zoom I would like to be able to continue the '-' till I get 'Fit Window' mode

Currently the '-' leaves us at 1/4 size

Searching with a mouse on a laptop for the Zoom checkbox is bothersome.

I know I can just hit the 'Z' but see no reason why you can't continue the minus till we arrive at 'Fit Window' mode

What d'ya think ?

Best

Steve

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Getting out of Zoom Mode
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 07:48:49 AM »
Hi

Getting into Zoom mode is easy ...just hit the '+'  button

Once in Zoom I would like to be able to continue the '-' till I get 'Fit Window' mode

Currently the '-' leaves us at 1/4 size

Searching with a mouse on a laptop for the Zoom checkbox is bothersome.

I know I can just hit the 'Z' but see no reason why you can't continue the minus till we arrive at 'Fit Window' mode

What d'ya think ?

How about this?  You can go in and out of zoom mode with the mouse and one other key:  On Mac OS X, hold down the Command key and click on an area of interest.  It will zoom in at your preset zoom level with the area of interest centered on screen (this goes for the 100%+ modes only).  Command-click again and you're back to the scale to fit mode.  Windows users hold down the Ctrl key to do the same thing.

I almost never use the Z key at all, nor do I use the +/- keys.

Try it.

-Kirk

Offline Hydester

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 01:19:51 PM »

How about this?  You can go in and out of zoom mode with the mouse and one other key:  On Mac OS X, hold down the Command key and click on an area of interest.  It will zoom in at your preset zoom level with the area of interest centered on screen (this goes for the 100%+ modes only).  Command-click again and you're back to the scale to fit mode.  Windows users hold down the Ctrl key to do the same thing.

Try it.

-Kirk

Love all this but still would like the minus to go to 'Fit Window' as its last port of call.

Quite often it is my assistants who operate  PM with clients watching and they don't know the program inside out. In this instance the + and - keys are very simple and intuitive.

Best Stephen

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 01:28:21 PM »

Try it.

Love all this but still would like the minus to go to 'Fit Window' as its last port of call.

Quite often it is my assistants who operate  PM with clients watching and they don't know the program inside out. In this instance the + and - keys are very simple and intuitive.

So one more '-' and it would go back to being un-zoomed?  Seems reasonable.

-Kirk

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 03:19:04 PM »

That's great - I had no idea about this!

Offline Hydester

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 03:35:49 AM »

-Kirk

Exactly !

PS Is there a downloadable PDF of all the keystroke short-cuts available? Otherewise judging by Sam's post & my own experience we are probably only utilising half of PM's awesome features !

Offline emgab

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 03:17:23 PM »

-Kirk

Exactly !

PS Is there a downloadable PDF of all the keystroke short-cuts available? Otherewise judging by Sam's post & my own experience we are probably only utilising half of PM's awesome features !

Great idea, i would also opt in for this pdf if available..
rgds, Mike

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2006, 03:24:24 PM »

-Kirk

Exactly !

Great idea, i would also opt in for this pdf if available..
rgds, Mike

Check out this posting: shortcuts

-Kirk