Author Topic: How to return paths in File Preferences to their default blank state  (Read 5231 times)

Offline frankaphonic

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
For now I have abandoned using the HTML Template Exporter and would like to return my file preferences for "Location of user HTML templates" and "Location of Exporter templates" to their default blank state.  Problem is the text/path in these boxes is uneditable (dimmed) and cannot be directly edited or deleted except by using the browse button, which does me no good as all it does is replace the path with another.

How can I edit the boxes to remove the paths?

I have obviously failed at trying to use the HTML Template Exporter as I get the nondescript warning message shown below when opening it from the Export menu.  After dismissing the warning, I have no options at all on the right side of the exporter pane.

What does this warning message indicate, should there not be descriptive text in it?

Since I did not get this warning before adding the path in file preferences, I presume that restoring the paths to their default blank state will eliminate the warning message and at least allow me to view the options that are currently missing from the right hand pane.  Is that correct?

Regards,
Frank

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: How to return paths in File Preferences to their default blank state
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 06:59:44 AM »
Frank,

For now I have abandoned using the HTML Template Exporter and would like to return my file preferences for "Location of user HTML templates" and "Location of Exporter templates" to their default blank state.  Problem is the text/path in these boxes is uneditable (dimmed) and cannot be directly edited or deleted except by using the browse button, which does me no good as all it does is replace the path with another.

How can I edit the boxes to remove the paths?

I have obviously failed at trying to use the HTML Template Exporter as I get the nondescript warning message shown below when opening it from the Export menu.  After dismissing the warning, I have no options at all on the right side of the exporter pane.

What does this warning message indicate, should there not be descriptive text in it?

Since I did not get this warning before adding the path in file preferences, I presume that restoring the paths to their default blank state will eliminate the warning message and at least allow me to view the options that are currently missing from the right hand pane.  Is that correct?

Can you post a JPEG screen shot of your Files tab of the Photo Mechanic Preferences dialog?  Also, can you send me your current attempt at an HTML template?

-Kirk

Offline frankaphonic

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 03:38:07 PM »
I sent a zip file to you at <your email address>.  The files were installed in a folder that was inside the same folder shown in file preferences next to user HTML templates (as the PDF suggested).  I used Dreamweaver to make some edits to quote marks pasted from the PDF.  I could not find a folder in my installation of PM that supplied these files.  Some may have had the same filename, but as I recall the content appeared to be different than that shown in the PDF so I simply made edits rather than open yet another can of worms.

Since I posted I also ran into a similar problem with saved PM Classic templates.  I would like to delete some of the saved templates but the lightning bolt icon dialog gives me no option to do so.  Pressing the Delete key with one of the saved templates highlighted didn't work either.  How do I delete them?

BTW Windows XP Pro, PM v4.6.2.1

Regards,
Frank

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 03:40:49 PM by Kirk Baker »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 03:42:30 PM »
Since I posted I also ran into a similar problem with saved PM Classic templates.  I would like to delete some of the saved templates but the lightning bolt icon dialog gives me no option to do so.  Pressing the Delete key with one of the saved templates highlighted didn't work either.  How do I delete them?

Hold down the Shift key while you select one of the snapshots.  Windows Explorer will come forward and show you the selected snapshot.  There you can delete it, rename, copy, etc.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 03:47:44 PM »
Frank,

I sent a zip file to you at <your email address>.  The files were installed in a folder that was inside the same folder shown in file preferences next to user HTML templates (as the PDF suggested).  I used Dreamweaver to make some edits to quote marks pasted from the PDF.  I could not find a folder in my installation of PM that supplied these files.  Some may have had the same filename, but as I recall the content appeared to be different than that shown in the PDF so I simply made edits rather than open yet another can of worms.

I'm not sure what you're using to make quote characters in the ui.rb file but they're definitely not quotes:

colorbutton(:background_color, ìBackground color:î, :value=>ì000000î)
colorbutton(:text_color, ìText color:î, :value=>ìA0A0A0î)
colorbutton(:nav_text_color, ìNav text color:î, :value=>ì183F00î)
colorbutton(:nav_link_color, ìNav link color:î, :value=>ì99A700î)
colorbutton(:nav_hover_color, ìNav hover color:î, :value=>ìFFFFFFî)

This would work better:

colorbutton(:background_color, "Background color:", :value=>"000000")
colorbutton(:text_color, "Text color:", :value=>"A0A0A0")
colorbutton(:nav_text_color, "Nav text color:", :value=>"183F00")
colorbutton(:nav_link_color, "Nav link color:", :value=>"99A700")
colorbutton(:nav_hover_color, "Nav hover color:", :value=>"FFFFFF")

-Kirk

Offline frankaphonic

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 10:14:18 PM »
Thanks for the Shift key tip, that worked.  I should have been able to find those .snap files, but frustration got the better of me:-)

I'm not sure what you're using to make quote characters in the ui.rb file but they're definitely not quotes:

They were the quotes from the PDF.  Apparently I edited the two .html files but neglected the .rb file.  The template dialog now loads as expected.

So what about the dimmed path fields in File preferences, should I have been able to edit the box directly?  Do all preference fields that contain a path behave the same way?

Thanks again for your help Kirk.

Regards,
Frank