Author Topic: Keyword panel with other fields  (Read 2827 times)

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Keyword panel with other fields
« on: March 05, 2010, 05:14:49 PM »
I like the keyword panel (and like I already requested I miss it very much to be able to use it in the preview window) but I would be happy to see an option of it to be used with other fields (best if any other field (not just keywords) could be set up to use it.

During my culling process I sort images by racer numbers. During this step I go through all the images entering the numbers seen on the image into a given IPTC field. This is rare to be keywords as this number is not needed as a keyword, never referenced any time later in the process like a keyword and the keyword field is a list tipe field so it behaves different when a value is added or read. I prefer using Headline or some other field instead.

Now I have to check the image (I prefer seeing it in full screen) then open IPTC info window or IPTC stationery if multiple images selected, TAB the cursor to the desired field (or click on it but it is faster to use the keyboard only) and hit apply. This means a lot of unnecessary keypresses and movement around the fields.

I would like to have a panel like the keyword panel to allow me set up (either in this panel or from an option opened from it or even set in preferences) to which field I want to write and allow me enter the value directly there (it could be the best to add a dropdown for this like currently there is the dropdown to select write or append the keyword). Maybe a list of entries (like the list of keywords) would not be necessary for other fields but it could be a good option too - depending how it can get implemented.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Re: Keyword panel with other fields
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 06:57:33 PM »
I hope this request has been noted and gets to the to do list some time soon.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com