Author Topic: Manual licence deactivation  (Read 7294 times)

Offline adrianlambert

• View Profile
Manual licence deactivation
« on: December 03, 2010, 05:11:06 AM »
http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=3622.msg27795#msg27795

Please refer this post in the support forum for background.

I would really really like to see manual deactivation available in Photo mechanic as soon as is possible.
We replace our laptop HDs annually as a way to avoid having to deal with drive failures, so the limited activation policy is a bit of a pain.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Manual licence deactivation
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 08:06:19 AM »
http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=3622.msg27795#msg27795

Please refer this post in the support forum for background.

I would really really like to see manual deactivation available in Photo mechanic as soon as is possible.
We replace our laptop HDs annually as a way to avoid having to deal with drive failures, so the limited activation policy is a bit of a pain.

If your hard drive fails before you had a chance to deactivate, then it would make absolutely no difference if there was a deactivation facility in place.

As far as being denied the ability to activate, you have to really abuse our license agreement before we even set our servers to deny activations.  It is a completely manual process that one of our employees monitors from time to time and when abuse is noted, the server is set to deny.  Calling us and explaining your situation usually clears things up right away.

-Kirk

Offline adrianlambert

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 07:13:34 AM »
As I've found out, it was indeed easy to rectify. But at the time with a client in front of me and your office closed (I am in Australia) it was a big problem.
The staff were very polite and helpful when I heard back from them.

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 05:37:30 AM »
I myself have had no problem since I began working with PM. I have upgraded my computer about every year or so.
I am in Brazil and it's very difficult (and expensive) to contact PM guys by phone. On the other hand, it is very easy to have an immediate reply by Forum or by personal message.
In my case PM's support policy has worked very fine.

-Luiz Muzzi