Author Topic: PM 5 Preview Window Flickers and hard to read txt in Structured Keywords  (Read 5208 times)

Offline RonD200

• View Profile
    • Digital Images by Ron Skinner
While using the Preview window on PM 5 every once in a while the window will flicker it does it mostly when scrolling through photos. I'll scroll to a photo and while I'm viewing the photo the wilndow will flicker.  Not sure if it's trying to refresh the window or what.  Using Windows 7

Also when using structured keywords, the black text is hard to see on the dark background.
My Gallery - Digital Images by Ron Skinner
My Blog - Ron's Blog

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Ron,

While using the Preview window on PM 5 every once in a while the window will flicker it does it mostly when scrolling through photos. I'll scroll to a photo and while I'm viewing the photo the wilndow will flicker.  Not sure if it's trying to refresh the window or what.  Using Windows 7

Do you have the ability to record your screen?  Can you post a short video of the problem?

-Kirk

Offline RonD200

• View Profile
Also on the contact sheet the star ratings and labels in the bottom right corner flicker during ingest. Also if you go to the preview window while ingesting photos the preview window has a very bad flicker issue.  Unfortunately I can't get you a video of the problem at this time. Also the flickering doesn't stop after ingest, I can minimize the flicker problem in the Preview window after ingest by closing and reopening PM5

Using Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit. Nvida video card.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 10:22:22 AM by RonD200 »
My Blog - Ron's Blog

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Ron,

Also on the contact sheet the star ratings and labels in the bottom right corner flicker during ingest. Also if you go to the preview window while ingesting photos the preview window has a very bad flicker issue.  Unfortunately I can't get you a video of the problem at this time. Also the flickering doesn't stop after ingest, I can minimize the flicker problem in the Preview window after ingest by closing and reopening PM5

Using Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit. Nvida video card.

I also have an nVIDIA video card.  Without the ability to reproduce the problem it will be nearly impossible for me to fix.  Hopefully at some point I'll be able to reproduce the problem.

-Kirk

Offline RonD200

• View Profile
Yeah hard to fix if you don't see the problem.  I also get a lot of screen flicker when I upload photos to Smugmug, if that will help point you  the right direction. Never had any of these problems in 4.6.9
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 03:35:18 PM by RonD200 »
My Blog - Ron's Blog

Offline janet

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I have the same flickering problem with PM 5 Beta 2 when I try to ingest. It is very very slow and the screen flickers, at the moment I ingest using PM 4.6 then switch to PM 5 beta 2. I had no problem with PM Beta 5 ingesting, but had to uninstall this version because it wouldn't open, giving an error message. I am using Windows 7 Professional (x64), 12gb ram, AMD Radeon HD 6670 card

Offline karlmz

• View Profile
I have the same problem. The screen flickers during and after ingest. Here is a video of the screen.

Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, display adapter ASUS EAH4350.

Regards,
Karl

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
How very strange.  Thanks for the video.  Hopefully we'll be able to reproduce it in house and fix it.

-Kirk

Offline Brandon

• View Profile
We've been able to reproduce this [screen flickering] in-house and are looking into it

Offline karlmz

• View Profile
Good to hear.

Regards,
Karl

Offline RonD200

• View Profile
We've been able to reproduce this [screen flickering] in-house and are looking into it

Great hope you find a fix soon!
My Blog - Ron's Blog

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Give Public Beta 3 a try.  I fixed it so it can't be reproduced on my system at least.

http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=7370.0

-Kirk

Offline karlmz

• View Profile
It works now. Thanks!

Regards,
Karl