Author Topic: Features List for 4.5 ?  (Read 19189 times)

Offline Jan

• View Profile
Features List for 4.5 ?
« on: January 18, 2007, 08:44:43 AM »
Hello,

Is there allready a features list out for 4.5 ?
I was wondering what will be in 4.5 ?
Is it unicode ?
Do we get tethered shooting ?

Questions over questions.

Greetings Philipp

Offline thuter

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Features List for 4.5 ?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 08:53:12 AM »
And don't forget the important Textblock Feature  ;D

http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=146.0

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 09:14:14 AM »
Philipp,

Is there allready a features list out for 4.5 ?

No because 4.5 is not completed yet.

Quote from: Faas
I was wondering what will be in 4.5 ?

A whole lot of new things.  This will be one of our best releases yet.

Is it unicode ?

Yes.

Do we get tethered shooting ?

If you mean by tethered that Photo Mechanic will control your camera?  No.  We do plan to have an Ingest that will watch a folder for new photos...

-Kirk

Online Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 09:15:12 AM »
And don't forget the important Textblock Feature  ;D

I haven't forgotten.  It just won't be in 4.5.0.  It is likely I could finish it for version 4.5.2.

-Kirk

Offline ActionPhotos.net

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 08:17:14 PM »
I would love to see a  KIOSK mode for customers to brows through images on viewing stations.  as an event shooter, in the mac environment, this is the only choice, so far.
A KIOSK mode with  a dumded down version, no delete, bigger buttons, larger arrows, simlified  and more user friendly.  My biggest fear is some kid deleting my folders then walking away.
It has not happened, but  I am sure it will soon!  This past weekend, I spent too much time showing people how to navigate PM, it was not worth having it set up as a view station.   For those few MAC users, it was not a problem, but the % for Mac vs PC, is still way to large.

Offline Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 04:11:11 AM »

If you mean by tethered that Photo Mechanic will control your camera?  No.  We do plan to have an Ingest that will watch a folder for new photos...

No i thought of shooting directly into PM.
With folder watch i need a second program like File Viewer from Canon to get the images into a folder.
As working as a sportsshooter i want to work with less programs as possible.

thx

-Philipp

Offline bcap

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 05:47:15 PM »
I would love to see a  KIOSK mode for customers to brows through images on viewing stations.  as an event shooter, in the mac environment, this is the only choice, so far.
A KIOSK mode with  a dumded down version, no delete, bigger buttons, larger arrows, simlified  and more user friendly.  My biggest fear is some kid deleting my folders then walking away.
It has not happened, but  I am sure it will soon!  This past weekend, I spent too much time showing people how to navigate PM, it was not worth having it set up as a view station.   For those few MAC users, it was not a problem, but the % for Mac vs PC, is still way to large.

I strongly agree with you. A KIOSK mode would be fantastic. Maybe full screen (prompting for password to exit full screen), no buttons like rotate, delete, etc. Just a simple preview with a simple browser, maybe an "order" button that can be customized to perform certain actions?

Just some ideas I'm throwing out there. I have no idea about the implementation nor the complications involved, or whether it is even possible. But this would be an incredible feature, and very attractable to mac based event photographers (like myself).

Offline bcap

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 10:10:12 AM »
Kirk - what is your thoughts on the kiosk idea?

How about some kind of add on for a sort of "shopping cart" functionality? Sort of like experssdigital darkroom?

Online Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2007, 12:17:07 PM »

How about some kind of add on for a sort of "shopping cart" functionality? Sort of like experssdigital darkroom?

Yes, we could add such a feature if there was enough demand.

-Kirk

Offline Giles

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007, 02:47:40 PM »

Yes, we could add such a feature if there was enough demand.

-Kirk

Please add my vote for these features.

Thanks,
Giles

Offline bcap

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2007, 08:38:09 AM »
Kirk,

I have spoke with quite a few local photographers in the area and they are all for the idea. Right now, a lot of us use 2 different applications. One for a shopping cart/kiosk and one for organizing. It'd be stellar if there was a way to combine the both, as we all love the simplicity and ease of use with PM. It would be fantastic if it had a couple more features (or possibly add ons - for those who don't want to use it, don't install it).

*Anxiously awaiting 4.5*

Thanks again Kirk,

Bryan

Offline The_Toff

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2007, 02:07:22 AM »
Kirk, sometime ago when you were on the old Rob Galbraith forum I asked about kiosk mode and have waited hopefully for you to add this to
PM I am still hopeful . Please add this

Rob

Online Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2007, 06:46:19 AM »
Rob,

Kirk, sometime ago when you were on the old Rob Galbraith forum I asked about kiosk mode and have waited hopefully for you to add this to
PM I am still hopeful . Please add this

It's not in 4.5.  Kiosk mode is not a trivial feature to add.  The changes needed to support kiosk mode will be pervasive and would take a lot of work to add, and lots of testing.

I do think it is a worthwhile feature and we'll see about adding it later.

-Kirk

Offline John OHara

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2007, 11:27:42 AM »
Kirk,
The Kiosk ferature would be the BEST. I initally use PM to input data. In my case, Entry, Horse, Rider and Owner. On my web site, I have drop down menus with this information, and once selected ONLY those photos appear. This feature as well as Kiosk and E commerce would best a serious improvement for my business. I also have a few other photographers who would follow . It is worth extra $$$ . My web is, www.johnoharaphoto.com. Any Kiosk features would be great. Thanks...John

Offline dwightmccann

• View Profile
    • Dwight McCann Digital Imagery
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2007, 03:35:44 PM »
Let's just get 4.5 out the door guys!  I'm having to waste time learning LightRoom because we keep nagging Kirk for new features!  :'(