Author Topic: Sound file not ingested  (Read 5576 times)

Offline fotograhn

• View Profile
Sound file not ingested
« on: October 11, 2014, 08:09:32 AM »
All of a sudden the sound files doesn't ingest together with images. Is it a setting somewhere in the preferences that I unfortunately have switched off and now can not find my way back to? I feel stupid as this has always worked before. Please help! :)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Sound file not ingested
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 09:50:04 AM »
All of a sudden the sound files doesn't ingest together with images. Is it a setting somewhere in the preferences that I unfortunately have switched off and now can not find my way back to? I feel stupid as this has always worked before. Please help! :)

PM has no option to ignore WAV files in Ingest.  They should be getting copied with the images they match up with.  The Copy Options dialog does allow WAV files to be ignored.  Are you using Copy instead of Ingest?  Otherwise, please see this post and answer as many of the questions as you can.  I need more info.

http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=4688.0

Thanks,

-Kirk
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 09:52:39 AM by Kirk Baker »

Offline fotograhn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 04:09:38 PM »
Ooops, of course here it comes:

Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 15800 (e6ecc1c)
Intel Macbook Pro with Apple OS X Version 10.9.5, build 13F34

This is how I do it, I ingest only locked/tagged images from memory card to hard drive, and earlier the .wav file was enclosed but recently I've noticed that it doesn't come along.

The only difference lately that I can think of, is that I also save a small JPEG version on the memory card to be able to transmit directly from the camera via Wi-Fi. As always I only ingest the RAW version to the hard drive.

See attachments:
- one screen shot of my ingest dialog as it has always been
- one screenshot is a composite of 1. PM Contact Sheet (left), 2. Finder window with what's on the memory card (top right), and 3. Finder window with what's on the hard drive (bottom right).

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 04:44:16 PM »
I expect that the WAV file is getting paired with the JPEG and since you're not copying the JPEG the WAV file isn't getting copied.  Just for a test, what happens if you Ingest only the JPEG or Ingest both RAW and JPEG?

-Kirk

Offline fotograhn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 12:11:16 AM »
I tested that and yes, in both cases when I ingest "Non-RAW only" or both "RAW and Non-RAW", the WAV file come along nicely. But not when I ingest RAW only.

The camera by the way is Canon EOS 1D X with firmware 2.0.3.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2014, 07:09:05 AM »
I tested that and yes, in both cases when I ingest "Non-RAW only" or both "RAW and Non-RAW", the WAV file come along nicely. But not when I ingest RAW only.

The camera by the way is Canon EOS 1D X with firmware 2.0.3.

OK, good to know.

The only difference lately that I can think of, is that I also save a small JPEG version on the memory card to be able to transmit directly from the camera via Wi-Fi. As always I only ingest the RAW version to the hard drive.

How is this small JPEG version created?  By the camera at the time of shooting or by some other process?

-Kirk

Offline fotograhn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2014, 10:59:57 AM »
The small JPEG is created automaticallly by the camera - at time of shooting.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 03:13:04 PM by Snaxalig »

Offline fotograhn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 03:18:06 PM »
Any idea on how to solve this issue so that the sound files is included upon ingest, even when I need to shoot also small jpeg for transmission via Wi-Fi directly from the camera?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 08:31:17 PM »
Any idea on how to solve this issue so that the sound files is included upon ingest, even when I need to shoot also small jpeg for transmission via Wi-Fi directly from the camera?

I have no workaround for you at this time.  We'll have to fix the problem in PM.

-Kirk