Author Topic: New-style IPTC Info window  (Read 7512 times)

Offline Ben Curtis

• View Profile
    • Snappertalk blog
New-style IPTC Info window
« on: March 28, 2007, 03:31:53 AM »
Hi,

Just been trying out the latest PM 4.5 Beta...

I notice the IPTC Info captioning window has changed, with a lot more fields.
Many will appreciate this I am sure, but my problem is now I can't see all the fields I want to use without scrolling down the window... which is a pain in a fast workflow.
Would it be possible for the user to *choose* which fields they want visible in the IPTC window? That way those who require all the fields can see them, and those who only require say half of the fields, can just see those particular ones that they require, hopefully resulting in it being unnecessary for them to scroll up and down?

Cheers,

Ben

Offline jimb

• View Profile
Re: New-style IPTC Info window
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 04:50:44 AM »
In the support forum Kirk has indicated that the layout will be able to be customized, but not until a future "dot release" to 4.5.

Offline Wolvie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 01:22:30 AM »
I, too, don't like the new setup.  Like you jimb, I need to use the fields that are near the middle of the list, more-so than most at the top.  I didn't see this post until after I posted my message in the support forum.  Sorry for the duplicate post.  http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=1217.0

Offline vthian

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 05:45:46 PM »
Same problem here, giving too much infor fields will just mess up my fast workflow....pls do something fast..as i've to revise back to 4.3.3 now. >:(
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 05:47:57 PM by vthian »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 06:14:13 PM »
Same problem here, giving too much info fields will just mess up my fast workflow....pls do something fast..as i've to revise back to 4.3.3 now. >:(

Hey everyone, there's really no point in posting *me too* to these threads.  We already understand what needs to be done.

Thanks!

-Kirk