Author Topic: Cannot access my external drives in favorites or Navigator menues  (Read 1081 times)

Offline bdub

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hey there. I am having an issue. I use several external drives on my new 24 in Imac. When I open up photo mechanic 6 I can see the drives i'd like to access in the favorites and navigation section up the left side of the screen but there is not a triangle option to drop down and search that drive. Please help me get that fixed. I am using MacOS Monterey. Version 12.0.1.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Cannot access my external drives in favorites or Navigator menues
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2021, 09:11:43 AM »
Hey there. I am having an issue. I use several external drives on my new 24 in Imac. When I open up photo mechanic 6 I can see the drives i'd like to access in the favorites and navigation section up the left side of the screen but there is not a triangle option to drop down and search that drive. Please help me get that fixed. I am using MacOS Monterey. Version 12.0.1.

I'd like to see your Photo Mechanic log.  In Photo Mechanic go to the Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data..." and moments later a Finder window will come forward with the zipped log file selected.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zipped PM log file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot access my external drives in favorites or Navigator menues
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2021, 03:33:12 PM »
I am guessing this issue is due to the Security and Privacy settings in MacOS. Here are the steps to give Photo Mechanic the access it needs:

1. Quit out of Photo Mechanic 6.
2. Open up the macOS System Preferences and go to "Security and Privacy".
3. Under the Privacy tab, select 'Full Disk access' on the left hand side.
4. Click the padlock in the bottom left to unlock it.
5. Enter your administrator password to be able to make changes.
6. Find Photo Mechanic in the list on the right and check the box next to it (if Photo Mechanic is not in the list, select the + sign under the window and add it from the Applications folder).
7. Close the System Preferences window.

If that doesn't solve the issue, please send a Log file as requested by Kirk.