Author Topic: Hot Codes in Folder Names  (Read 574 times)

Offline leokreissig

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hot Codes in Folder Names
« on: February 10, 2023, 03:46:48 PM »
Hello,

Hot Codes don't seem to work in folder names.
In order to solve my date-overlap-midnight-Problem described here, I created a hot code/code-replacement solution that does return the previous date, if it is between 00 and 03 o'clock.
Using a custom java-script I created a hot code file essentially hard-coding the dates for the five years around today. The code generator is the date sort dashed variable, the custom "fields" are in the format "dateSort-00" (Where 00 is the hour) (So it's 24 columns and 365*5 rows).
When used in an image description, e.g. "Date for Folder: [dateSort-{h24}]", it works like a charm. When used in the folder generation while ingesting images, like "[dateSort-{h24}] {event} {city}" it does not apply the hot code, thus creating the folder like "[dateSort-{h24}] Event name City name"

Are hot codes generally disabled in folder names, or am I having some kind of brain fart?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Hot Codes in Folder Names
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2023, 08:48:52 AM »
Hot Codes don't seem to work in folder names.
In order to solve my date-overlap-midnight-Problem described here, I created a hot code/code-replacement solution that does return the previous date, if it is between 00 and 03 o'clock.
Using a custom java-script I created a hot code file essentially hard-coding the dates for the five years around today. The code generator is the date sort dashed variable, the custom "fields" are in the format "dateSort-00" (Where 00 is the hour) (So it's 24 columns and 365*5 rows).
When used in an image description, e.g. "Date for Folder: [dateSort-{h24}]", it works like a charm. When used in the folder generation while ingesting images, like "[dateSort-{h24}] {event} {city}" it does not apply the hot code, thus creating the folder like "[dateSort-{h24}] Event name City name"

Are hot codes generally disabled in folder names, or am I having some kind of brain fart?

They're currently not working.  We consider it a bug.  We have plans to fix it.  However, I don't have a timetable for you at this time.

-Kirk