Author Topic: Photo Mechanic Slow When Flagging  (Read 133 times)

Offline ChrisR

  • Newcomer
  • *
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
Photo Mechanic Slow When Flagging
« on: October 05, 2026, 07:55:21 PM »
Hey!  Photomechanic is suddenly slower on my computer.  I used to just hit 1 for reject and 2 for keep and fly through everything.  Now, whenever I apply a flag it is sitting for a a second or two.  I haven't changed anything on my end and I can still scroll through the photos super quick using my scroll wheel so for some reason applying the flag is causing an issue.  I just added a quick video.  You can here my click the key and see the delay in going to the next photo.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2026, 08:18:08 PM by ChrisR »

Offline Maury-Support

  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Newcomer
  • *****
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
Re: Photo Mechanic Slow When Flagging
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 11:12:06 AM »
Hi ChrisR,

How much free space is left on the drive that the images are located on? If it is an SSD, those can slow down when they are close to full. 

Otherwise, you can email us a copy of Photo Mechanic's log file to support@camerabits.com so we can take a look at it.

You can access the PM_log.zip file by going to Photo Mechanic's top Help menu and selecting "Reveal Support Data”.

Select "Yes" in the next dialog to create the zip file and then a window will open with the "PM_log.zip" file selected. Drag that to your desktop and then send us the file as an email attachment.
 

Offline ChrisR

  • Newcomer
  • *
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Photo Mechanic Slow When Flagging
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 05:16:37 PM »
Hi ChrisR,

How much free space is left on the drive that the images are located on? If it is an SSD, those can slow down when they are close to full. 

Otherwise, you can email us a copy of Photo Mechanic's log file to support@camerabits.com so we can take a look at it.

You can access the PM_log.zip file by going to Photo Mechanic's top Help menu and selecting "Reveal Support Data”.

Select "Yes" in the next dialog to create the zip file and then a window will open with the "PM_log.zip" file selected. Drag that to your desktop and then send us the file as an email attachment.

Hey, I actually think I figured it out.  I was dropping all the original pics from my card to my drive in a single folder.  In this case it was 2 days of volleyball matches and a soccer match which was 9,000+ photos (Don't judge  ;D).  I spilt them up to folders of 2,000 and it was much more responsive.  If I should be able to do 9,000 let me know and I can pull the log file.  My editing drive is currently sitting at 398gb free of 2TB.