Author Topic: one catalog won't sync  (Read 2430 times)

Offline SAMouzon

• View Profile
    • The Original Green Blog
one catalog won't sync
« on: December 11, 2023, 04:27:50 AM »
I have 6 catalogs that have been working properly for years, but there's a seventh catalog for which I've never been able to Scan to Catalog. What troubleshooting should I do? To my eye, it's set up just like the other six. The only difference is that the other catalogs are drawn from folders on an external hard drive, whereas the folder this catalog is set to draw from is in a Dropbox folder on my laptop. Would that make a difference?

Offline SAMouzon

• View Profile
Re: one catalog won't sync
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2023, 06:28:19 AM »
It turns out that after some experimenting, I found that moving the folder in question to an external drive works fine. If that's a feature, it would have been great if when trying to Scan to Catalog, I would have gotten an error message. Thoughts?

Offline SAMouzon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2024, 05:05:17 AM »
Revisiting an old problem: is it not possible to Scan to Catalog if the catalog is on my startup drive? Never got a response from late last year. I'd love to have this catalog on my startup disk for when I'm traveling... if that's possible.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2024, 07:01:50 AM »
Revisiting an old problem: is it not possible to Scan to Catalog if the catalog is on my startup drive? Never got a response from late last year. I'd love to have this catalog on my startup disk for when I'm traveling... if that's possible.

I thought your issue was that you wanted to scan a Dropbox folder?  I doubt that the location of the catalog database being on your startup disk (or any other real disk) would matter.  The key issue is that Dropbox folders are virtual, with only proxies being local, and the real files being on an internet-based server.

The catalog needs direct access to files in order to catalog them.  Make them locally available and I expect Scan to Catalog to work.

-Kirk