Author Topic: Modify Default Cursor Location in IPTC Stationery Pad  (Read 2898 times)

Offline Ves

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Modify Default Cursor Location in IPTC Stationery Pad
« on: March 09, 2010, 08:33:02 AM »
Hello-

Is there any way to change the default "starting location" of the text cursor from the "caption" entry to the "keywords" entry location when using the IPTC Stationery Pad?  I do a lot of extensive keyword entries, and this would save me a few clicks per entry every time I am in that mode.  I cannot find any preference selection to make this change...

Much appreciated if this can be done easily.  Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Modify Default Cursor Location in IPTC Stationery Pad
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 10:28:51 AM »
Is there any way to change the default "starting location" of the text cursor from the "caption" entry to the "keywords" entry location when using the IPTC Stationery Pad?  I do a lot of extensive keyword entries, and this would save me a few clicks per entry every time I am in that mode.  I cannot find any preference selection to make this change...

No, there is no such feature.

-Kirk

Offline Ves

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 03:25:40 PM »

No, there is no such feature.

-Kirk

Kirk-

Is there any way I can custom tweak this via some code modification?  I use keywords much more often than captions, having to add keywords to tens of thousands of images a year.  It would be nice to modify...  thanks.

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 04:40:48 PM »
There is an option similar to your request:
If you edit your images one by one in the IPTC Info window (press I when only one image is selected in the Contact sheet) then the cursor stays in the same field and you can move with buttons or shortcuts between images (don't forget to use the save changes and move option not to loose your changes).

But I less like this so I was about to submit something similar as a feature request but I discovered the Keywords Panel that lets you add keywords fast. I think using this might solve your problem (unlike mine as I mostly use other fields not keywords).
Hopefully my request to add the Keywords panel to the Preview window and to support other fields with the panel gets implemented too.

I hope this helps.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.hu