Author Topic: Fuji GFX 50s RAF files and metadata  (Read 8040 times)

Offline AnnieP

• View Profile
Fuji GFX 50s RAF files and metadata
« on: April 18, 2017, 10:27:10 AM »
I have long used PM to add keywords/GPS data/captions/etc to my files. I normally copy files to computer, bring into PM, add these items, and then import the files into Lightroom.

In my PM preferences -> For TIFF-based RAW photos (non-DNG), I have 'Allow RAW files to be modified' and 'Add embedded metadata: XMP and IPTC' both checked. For JPEG, TIFF, PDS, DNG photos: I do have 'Add embedded IPTC (XMP will always be written)' checked. I just don't like to deal with the XMP files.

With my Sony .ARW files all info added in PM was written to the original file and there are no XMP files created.

With the Fuji raw files, all PM info is going into XMP files. The info is still being written to the Sony raw files and Fuji JPG files as usual - no XMP files.

Is there anything I can do differently to get this information written directly to the Fuji RAF files?

Thank you for any help.

Offline BrianL

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Fuji GFX 50s RAF files and metadata
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 08:49:58 AM »
I have long used PM to add keywords/GPS data/captions/etc to my files. I normally copy files to computer, bring into PM, add these items, and then import the files into Lightroom.

In my PM preferences -> For TIFF-based RAW photos (non-DNG), I have 'Allow RAW files to be modified' and 'Add embedded metadata: XMP and IPTC' both checked. For JPEG, TIFF, PDS, DNG photos: I do have 'Add embedded IPTC (XMP will always be written)' checked. I just don't like to deal with the XMP files.

With my Sony .ARW files all info added in PM was written to the original file and there are no XMP files created.

With the Fuji raw files, all PM info is going into XMP files. The info is still being written to the Sony raw files and Fuji JPG files as usual - no XMP files.

Is there anything I can do differently to get this information written directly to the Fuji RAF files?

Thank you for any help.
I also need help with this, if someone can help us that would be great.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Brian

Offline Tony Hall

• View Profile
    • Tony Hall Photography
Re: Fuji GFX 50s RAF files and metadata
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 09:33:09 AM »
I'm sure Kirk will be along soon with a definitive answer; but previously he has said...

We used to embed XMP in Fuji RAW files but enough other software couldn't handle embedded XMP on RAFs that we disabled the feature.  Unless other software changes (or has changed) we won't be re-enabling embedding of XMP (or IPTC) with Fuji RAFs.