Author Topic: Removing PM from a dead computer  (Read 2372 times)

Offline picturebike

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Removing PM from a dead computer
« on: June 26, 2017, 02:33:11 AM »
My main imac crashed over the weekend and is now dead, when i replace it ill need to transfer over PM to the new machine.  Is there a way i can do this as i cant now remove it from a dead computer. I have PM already installed on 2 other macs as well.  Would it be a case of admin removing all machines from my account and then me adding them again..

thanks
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 05:50:21 AM by picturebike »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Removing PM from a dead computer
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 09:01:00 AM »
My main imac crashed over the weekend and is now dead, when i replace it ill need to transfer over PM to the new machine.  Is there a way i can do this as i cant now remove it from a dead computer. I have PM already installed on 2 other macs as well.  Would it be a case of admin removing all machines from my account and then me adding them again..

Are you wanting to transfer settings?  Or are you wondering about activations?  If it is the latter, contact sales@camerabits.com and explain your situation to them and they should be able to accommodate you.

If it is the former, you may be able to remove the internal HD from the dead computer and put it into a USB drive enclosure and retrieve all of your data.

-Kirk

Offline picturebike

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Removing PM from a dead computer
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 11:28:16 AM »
Thanks, its the de activation from the dead computer i was asking about..