Author Topic: Another PM - Smugmug problem  (Read 10549 times)

Offline picturebike

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Another PM - Smugmug problem
« on: June 14, 2018, 09:09:49 AM »
trying to upload to my smugmug website and just get this message, was fine a few days ago.   private method `gsub' called for nil:NilClass

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Another PM - Smugmug problem
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 01:53:29 PM »
trying to upload to my smugmug website and just get this message, was fine a few days ago.   private method `gsub' called for nil:NilClass

We're working on a fix.  They stopped honoring the older SmugMug API that we were using a few days ago.

-Kirk

Offline picturebike

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 01:12:56 AM »
I hope you can work a fix, why would smugmug want to make life hard for there customers.  A lot of pro's use both company's, i have two smugmug sites !

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 08:13:16 AM »
I hope you can work a fix, why would smugmug want to make life hard for there customers.  A lot of pro's use both company's, i have two smugmug sites !

To be fair, I expect that they announced that the older API was going away a while ago and we just didn't keep up with the news.

-Kirk

Offline joemahoney

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • I-News Network
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 11:42:29 PM »
Kirk, Not trying to kill you, but is this a major amount of work for you guys? Is there a rough ETA on integrating their new code & releasing an update?
Obviously, uploading via their website isn't terrible, but having it a couple keystrokes away is very convenient and I'm kind of lazy like that....

Thanks for your help. - Joe

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2018, 06:21:18 AM »
Kirk, Not trying to kill you, but is this a major amount of work for you guys?  Is there a rough ETA on integrating their new code & releasing an update?

Yes, it is a fair amount of work.  I expect it will be done sometime next week.  Once it is working and before we make an official release, we will post a build here for you all to put it through your own testing so you can let us know if you find any problems with it.  Once you all are satisfied with it and we're satisfied with it then we'll issue an official release.

-Kirk

Offline picturebike

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2018, 10:21:36 AM »
Hopefully goes smoothly as its making my workflow way slower at the moment, currently doing some large events with multiple groups of riders uploading to different galleries on my site....

Offline joemahoney

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • I-News Network
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2018, 01:55:58 PM »
Thanks much. Looking forward to the beta. Cheers, Joe

Kirk, Not trying to kill you, but is this a major amount of work for you guys?  Is there a rough ETA on integrating their new code & releasing an update?

Yes, it is a fair amount of work.  I expect it will be done sometime next week.  Once it is working and before we make an official release, we will post a build here for you all to put it through your own testing so you can let us know if you find any problems with it.  Once you all are satisfied with it and we're satisfied with it then we'll issue an official release.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2018, 03:51:21 PM »
Please try these builds:

http://www.camerabits.com/download/PM5SetupR19671.exe
http://www.camerabits.com/download/PhotoMechanic5R19671.dmg

They have been updated to support SmugMug's new 2.0 beta API.

Please let me know if you encounter any difficulties.

-Kirk

Offline Jerry H

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2018, 04:04:10 PM »
Please try these builds:

https://www.camerabits.com/download/PhotoMechanic5R19674.dmg
https://www.camerabits.com/download/PM5SetupR19674.exe

These fix a permissions problem that was present in build 19671, a folder navigation issue, and a 10 item limit per column.

If you had authorized Photo Mechanic using build 19671, the best way to fix the permissions is through your SmugMug Account Settings. Please follow the instructions below to repair Photo Mechanic's access permissions for your SmugMug account.

1. Log into your SmugMug account via a web browser.
2. Navigate to Account Settings > Privacy.
3. On the Privacy page, scroll down to Authorized Services.
4. Click the "CHANGE" link for Photo Mechanic and set the Permissions to "Modify".
5. Save the changes to Permissions.

-Jerry

Offline DaveTheC

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2018, 05:29:25 AM »
Just a report from the field. Downloaded 19674 and installed. SmugMug authorization went fine and I love the new tree display of folder/galleries.

Sent 39 pix. Nice!

Offline picturebike

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2018, 01:30:23 AM »
Not working for me, one of the update downloads didnt work as im on a Mac and says its for windows, i do now get a new upload screen but nothing is working on it, no galleries showing and getting error messages.

Offline picturebike

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2018, 01:35:41 AM »
Ok so i deleted my PH from SM and then added it again and seems to be working now ;)

Offline joemahoney

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • I-News Network
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2018, 06:26:29 PM »
This build works fine with my SmugMug account. Many thanks. - Joe M.

Please try these builds:

https://www.camerabits.com/download/PhotoMechanic5R19674.dmg
https://www.camerabits.com/download/PM5SetupR19674.exe

These fix a permissions problem that was present in build 19671, a folder navigation issue, and a 10 item limit per column.

If you had authorized Photo Mechanic using build 19671, the best way to fix the permissions is through your SmugMug Account Settings. Please follow the instructions below to repair Photo Mechanic's access permissions for your SmugMug account.

1. Log into your SmugMug account via a web browser.
2. Navigate to Account Settings > Privacy.
3. On the Privacy page, scroll down to Authorized Services.
4. Click the "CHANGE" link for Photo Mechanic and set the Permissions to "Modify".
5. Save the changes to Permissions.

-Jerry

Offline mwillson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2018, 03:40:54 AM »
Hi guys, I've followed this thread and have successfully managed to link my SmugMug account to PM. There is a weird quirk though. When I select an image to upload and use the keyboard shortcut (option+command+U) the file uploader window reverts to FTP as the selected loader, not SmugMug. Please see attachments.

First attachment shows uploader window when image is selected and GLOBE UPLOAD BUTTON IS PRESSED. (SmugMug Uploader appears)

Second attachment shows uploader window when the image is selected and KEYBOARD SHORTCUT (option+command+U) IS PRESSED. (FTP Uploader appears)

I want the file uploader window to remain as SmugMug regardless of whether the keyboard shortcut or globe button is used to upload.

Thanks guys

« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 03:44:33 AM by mwillson »