Author Topic: PM5SetupR19695 Update  (Read 1575 times)

Offline TSimondi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM5SetupR19695 Update
« on: July 25, 2018, 07:32:49 PM »
Just a note that when I attempted to run the subject update the anti-virus program AVG indicated that it may be malicious; no indication why but it did not let the program run. Their program did send the file to their lab and after a couple of hours a note appeared on my computer that the file was clean and now in their database. That must be the case as the update is currently running behind my typing of this message.

Just thought you should know that at least one anti-virus program thought the file might be a problem in case others report in a similar way.

Ignore the support e-mail I sent earlier about this potential problem.

Tom

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM5SetupR19695 Update
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 07:56:13 AM »
Thanks for letting us know, Tom.

-Kirk

Offline mpw1950

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: PM5SetupR19695 Update
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 05:55:35 AM »
Panda Adaptive Defense blocked it pending their offline security check (usually about 24hours). That might be  simply because they have not seen it before; I use some other, fairly esoteric, software that usually has to go through offline checking when there is a new update. I don't thonk Panda blocked previous updates.

I can live with the delay for the security it gives. I could override if it was an urgent update (never have so far).