Author Topic: keyboard shortcuts - STAR rating  (Read 7475 times)

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
keyboard shortcuts - STAR rating
« on: March 28, 2007, 03:41:44 PM »
Hi Kirk,

wrt Beta II, Star Rating on Windows, could you consider changing the rating shortcuts to ALT+1-5, which is fine, but _adding_ ALT+`, (leftmost key of 1) for ZERO stars? Dunno how this would work with Mac, but at least for PC, it would make a logical sentence of ALT+`, ALT+1, ALT+2 et cetera for ZERO, ONE, TWO etc stars... it makes  more sense to me than ALT+1 then ALT+0 for zero stars... at least the ` character is always one left to "1" character, which is for an incremental rating (which the stars are) more logical, from left to right... Looking forward to more feedback from other users :)

Thanks Frantisek

Offline jimb

• View Profile
Re: keyboard shortcuts - STAR rating
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 08:38:06 AM »
at least the ` character is always one left to "1" character, which is for an incremental rating (which the stars are) more logical, from left to right... Looking forward to more feedback from other users :)

Well, on my Toshiba laptop that key is in a different place just to the left of the space bar, so different keyboard layouts would have to taken into account. Not a bad idea, but Alt-0 should remain as well since it is always in the same place.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 08:57:47 AM »
Frantisek,

wrt Beta II, Star Rating on Windows, could you consider changing the rating shortcuts to ALT+1-5, which is fine, but _adding_ ALT+`, (leftmost key of 1) for ZERO stars? Dunno how this would work with Mac, but at least for PC, it would make a logical sentence of ALT+`, ALT+1, ALT+2 et cetera for ZERO, ONE, TWO etc stars... it makes  more sense to me than ALT+1 then ALT+0 for zero stars... at least the ` character is always one left to "1" character, which is for an incremental rating (which the stars are) more logical, from left to right... Looking forward to more feedback from other users :)

On the Mac, Command-` is used to switch between windows in an application.  We try to keep key equivalents the same (as is possible) across the two platforms.

-Kirk

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 05:34:44 AM »
On the Mac, Command-` is used to switch between windows in an application.  We try to keep key equivalents the same (as is possible) across the two platforms.
-Kirk

I see. Well, nevermind :) Just a question then - is it possible to show/hide images with certain star rating by using a keyboard shortcut instead of clicking in the little bottomright box? Like it works with colour classes? Thanks a lot! Frantisek

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 08:27:25 AM »
-Kirk

I see. Well, nevermind :) Just a question then - is it possible to show/hide images with certain star rating by using a keyboard shortcut instead of clicking in the little bottomright box? Like it works with colour classes? Thanks a lot! Frantisek

I added keyboard shortcuts for this on the Mac version and unfortunately I now see that I didn't do the equivalent on Windows.  I will add that in the first update.

For Mac users then:

Command-Ctrl-F1 through Command-Ctrl-F8 will show only color class 1-8, and Command-Ctrl-F9 will show only photos with color class "none".

Command-Shift-F1 through Command-Shift-F5 will show star ratings 1-5, and Command-Shift-F9 will show only photos with no stars.

Windows users can currently only control color class filtering:

Shift-F1 through Shift-F8 will show only color class 1-8, and Shift-F9 will show only photos with color class "none".

-Kirk

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 07:22:15 AM »
Great! Thanks. I didn't notice the new shortcut on the Mac version, good to know now. Frantisek