Author Topic: Search in PM6  (Read 2690 times)

Offline Thomann

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Search in PM6
« on: March 29, 2019, 03:23:24 PM »
Hi
When I'm doing a search in PM6, the photos matching the search are selected within all the photos in the folder I searched in.
I then have to first close the search window and then choose "selected" so I can only see the images found in the search.
This is like two steps more then in PM5, where I was only shown the images matching the search criteria.

Another thing: A collegue who works with a lot of subfolders within a main folder told me, that in PM5 he could do a search in the main folder and was able to find matching photos in all of the subfolders. 
In PM6 the search only finds photos in the main folder but not in any subfolders.

Any advise?

Cheers

Sven

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Search in PM6
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 03:52:41 PM »
Hi
When I'm doing a search in PM6, the photos matching the search are selected within all the photos in the folder I searched in.
I then have to first close the search window and then choose "selected" so I can only see the images found in the search.
This is like two steps more then in PM5, where I was only shown the images matching the search criteria.

Another thing: A collegue who works with a lot of subfolders within a main folder told me, that in PM5 he could do a search in the main folder and was able to find matching photos in all of the subfolders. 
In PM6 the search only finds photos in the main folder but not in any subfolders.

You need to open the folder and subfolders into a single contact sheet.  Right-click on a folder in the Favorites or Navigator and choose either of the options:

Open Folder and Subfolders in new Contact Sheet
Open Folder and Subfolders replacing Contact Sheet

Then all of the images in that folder tree will be in a single Contact Sheet with which you can use the Find panel.

-Kirk

Offline Thomann

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 12:57:08 AM »
Thank you Kirk. What about my first question, about the search results being shown as selected images within all the photos in one folder?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 06:41:39 AM »
Thank you Kirk. What about my first question, about the search results being shown as selected images within all the photos in one folder?

There is no solution for that difference.

-Kirk

Offline GooGaBu

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2019, 06:45:21 AM »
So - there is no way for me to do as I did on PM5, plug-in my external HD and search for "Michael Jordan" -
and then have all images with that keyword being opened into view?
Forgive me if I've misunderstood stood this - but for me this has been a rather key feature in PM (and not to mention lighting fast!).
When I search for an image from the archives of past 16 years for clients.

Offline Veusy

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2019, 07:28:02 AM »
For me the search engine in PM6 is a big step backward.
First, i was very pleased with the speed of PM6 ...but more and more it takes me more time to find te pictures i need. So at the moment i don't see the benefit of PM6. I paid for an upgrade, but now i'm back on PM5.

I want spotlight search back ...  :-[ :'(