Author Topic: PM6: Hide non-photo file types?  (Read 7306 times)

Offline JeffG

• View Profile
PM6: Hide non-photo file types?
« on: March 31, 2019, 06:27:01 PM »
Just trying the new PM6 release.  In PM5 when I open a contact sheet it only shows me photos which is what I want to work with.  In PM6, I also see .MOV video files but they are blank squares because PM can't render/thumbnail them.  Is there a way to hide non-photo types or configure things to only show certain types in a contact sheet?

Right now my contact sheets are cluttered with a whole bunch of files I can't do anything with.  I see the option to sort by type but that doesn't actually hide them just moves them to a different spot within.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM6: Hide non-photo file types?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 08:19:09 PM »
Just trying the new PM6 release.  In PM5 when I open a contact sheet it only shows me photos which is what I want to work with.  In PM6, I also see .MOV video files but they are blank squares because PM can't render/thumbnail them.  Is there a way to hide non-photo types or configure things to only show certain types in a contact sheet?

Right now my contact sheets are cluttered with a whole bunch of files I can't do anything with.  I see the option to sort by type but that doesn't actually hide them just moves them to a different spot within.

What OS are you running?

-Kirk

Offline JeffG

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 07:26:26 PM »
What OS are you running?

Windows 10 64bit

Offline JeffG

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 02:22:36 PM »
Kirk, no way to do this I take it then?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2019, 04:25:01 PM »
Jeff,

If you follow these instructions, videos should appear as thumbnails and previews:

http://docs.camerabits.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2973070-how-to-view-video-thumbnails-and-previews-on-windows

-Kirk

Offline judophotos

• View Profile
    • Judophotos
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2019, 11:17:48 AM »
I've installed the program as instructed but can't find the folder that it is in. Any ideas?
David

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2019, 12:19:49 PM »
David,

I've installed the program as instructed but can't find the folder that it is in. Any ideas?

The folder should be called "gstreamer" and it should be at the root of one of your drives.  For most people it will be on the C:\ drive but users with multiple drives have found it elsewhere.

-Kirk

Offline judophotos

• View Profile
    • Judophotos
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2019, 01:43:45 PM »
Thanks, Kirk.

Found it in my 4TB Backup portable drive!  How did it get in there?

Also, should PMAutoplay be in there?

David

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2019, 02:48:56 PM »
David,

Thanks, Kirk.

Found it in my 4TB Backup portable drive!  How did it get in there?

I have no idea.  Is that the drive you ran the installer from?

Also, should PMAutoplay be in there?

No, it should not.

-Kirk

Offline judophotos

• View Profile
    • Judophotos
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2019, 04:08:08 PM »
I have moved the gstreamer folder to the root of the C drive and it seems to be working.

So, I should delete the PMAutoplay file from that drive?

It might have got there when I use PM on that drive, which I sometimes do at an event and then plug it into my PC when I get back to save time rather than waiting a couple of hours transferring 8k images across from a three-day event.

Thanks for your help.
David

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2019, 05:26:20 PM »
David,

I have moved the gstreamer folder to the root of the C drive and it seems to be working.

OK, but you may have trouble later if you try to uninstall since the uninstaller will expect the folder to be on that portable drive that it was originally installed on.

So, I should delete the PMAutoplay file from that drive?

You may as well.

It might have got there when I use PM on that drive, which I sometimes do at an event and then plug it into my PC when I get back to save time rather than waiting a couple of hours transferring 8k images across from a three-day event.

We'll be looking into how it could have been installed there by our installer sometime this week.

-Kirk

Offline JeffG

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2019, 08:19:25 PM »
If you follow these instructions, videos should appear as thumbnails and previews:

http://docs.camerabits.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2973070-how-to-view-video-thumbnails-and-previews-on-windows

Hi Kirk.  I'm not trying to get the videos to appear as thumbnails, I want to hide any non-photo files in the contact sheet like PM5 does by default on my Windows machine.  I just want to see the photo/image files that I am processing.   I did not download Video Mechanic. :-)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2019, 09:28:17 PM »

Hi Kirk.  I'm not trying to get the videos to appear as thumbnails, I want to hide any non-photo files in the contact sheet like PM5 does by default on my Windows machine.  I just want to see the photo/image files that I am processing.   I did not download Video Mechanic. :-)

Ah.  I misunderstood.  Had you installed QuickTime, you would see movies on PM5 as well.  There is currently no preference for hiding video files in PM6.

-Kirk