Author Topic: 4.5 - auto refresh not working?  (Read 7933 times)

Offline juliank

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
4.5 - auto refresh not working?
« on: April 07, 2007, 12:58:43 PM »
I added a sub-folder outside of PM, but it is not showing in PM.  Tried 'Refresh', but it is still not showing.  Exit and re-start cleared the issue.

Thanks ...

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: 4.5 - auto refresh not working?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 01:25:18 PM »
I added a sub-folder outside of PM, but it is not showing in PM.  Tried 'Refresh', but it is still not showing.  Exit and re-start cleared the issue.

Knowing which OS you are running would be really helpful.

Please everyone, please, please, please, post information about your system when you ask for help.  It saves me from asking you and will speed up resolution to your issue.

-Kirk

Offline juliank

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 03:36:11 PM »
Sorry.   

XP Pro is my OS.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 04:00:26 PM »
Sorry.   

XP Pro is my OS.

A sub-folder of the current contact sheet?  They aren't automatically opened.  You can open folders recursively from the Navigator.  But even then, when you add a new sub-folder (that didn't exist when the parent folder was opened) it won't be automatically opened.

-Kirk

Offline cwp

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 02:13:34 PM »
Hi. I don't know if my problem is exactly the same as juliank's, but 4.5 version won't refresh contact sheet other than the first one.  I normally open three different contact sheets.  Keeping all three contact sheets open, I go back and forth with Photoshop CS2.  As I finish processing one picture in Photoshop, I save it and see the result immediately in PhotoMechanic (I do this to compare colors & brightness relative to others, and also check over all quality of the thumbnail image).  Ususally (in previous versions) as soon as I save a file or modify a file in any way, PhotoMechanic updates the corresponding contact sheet by displaying a little circle next to "Sort in progress..." at the bottomleft corner.  After it's finish sorting, the newly updated/added picture shows up in the contact sheet.

In version 4.5, only the first contact sheet behaves the way it was, and other contact sheets won't do anything.  So far only way to get the newly added/updated image in the contact sheet is to close that contact sheet and open a new contact sheet.  Of course, this isn't very convenient in my work flow.

I restarted the computer and tried it again...nope.

My computer is MacBook Pro 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (latest) with 3 GB of memory with Mac OS X 10.4.9, the latest.

Let me know if you can recreate the problem at your end and need a fix on the version 4.5, or if I could do someting at my end to resolve this problem.  Meanwhile I can go back to 4.3.3 and keep working.

Thanks for your help.