Author Topic: ICC - Raw Info  (Read 6063 times)

Offline marta

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
ICC - Raw Info
« on: April 09, 2007, 09:32:45 AM »
Although using Adobe RGB Color Space in my camera settings, the Photo Mechanic's Info text dialog shows the ICC profile as sRGB for all my Raw pictures now.

I still have the PM's old version installed on another computer and, for the same pictures, the program shows Adobe RGB, which is the real information from my exif data.

Could you please fix this?

Regards,
Marta

OS WinXP SP2
P4 3GHz, 1GB Ram
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 08:27:18 PM by marta »

Offline marta

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: ICC - Raw Info
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 02:11:39 PM »
Kirk,

This issue is preventing the extraction of Jpeg previews from Raw photos with the correct color space.

Will this bug be fixed?

Marta

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 02:52:37 PM »
Marta,
This issue is preventing the extraction of Jpeg previews from Raw photos with the correct color space.

Will this bug be fixed?

Yes.  Likely in the first update.

-Kirk

Offline dennis

• President
  • Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 10:14:59 AM »
Although using Adobe RGB Color Space in my camera settings, the Photo Mechanic's Info text dialog shows the ICC profile as sRGB for all my Raw pictures now.

Marta,

What changed in 4.5 is that we now pay attention to the Exif "interoperability" tags which specify sRGB or AdobeRGB (in addition to the Exif color space tag which comes earlier in the file).  Unfortunately, Canon marks the CR2 RAW file as R98 which is sRGB while the JPEG is marked as R03 which is AdobeRGB (these are the same photo shot in RAW + JPEG).

I've made a change to ignore the interoperability tags for RAW files when we know what the color space is already (i.e. Canon RAW files are marked as "uncalibrated" color space when they are shot in AdobeRGB).  This fixes the problem you are seeing.  It should also fix the color space of any extracted JPEG I think but I haven't tested this yet.

For now you can embed the AdobeRGB profile into the extracted JPEGs to set them straight (yes it is an extra step for now).

--dennis