Author Topic: 4.5 - Blank thumbnails/previews (sometimes)  (Read 4968 times)

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
4.5 - Blank thumbnails/previews (sometimes)
« on: April 13, 2007, 03:54:01 AM »
Hi, all the new features of 4.5 are great! Though unfortunately I am experiencing a problem with thumbnails/previews, on WinXP. From time to time, the contact sheet shows blank thumbnails. Even of photos I have previously viewed fine. See attached screenshot. Clicking the black thumbnail will, sometimes, reveal a normal preview, other times it will show a black square. Sometimes, upon going to and from full screen (F key) view, it shows normally, sometimes it doesn't help. Refreshing the contact sheet doesn't help. Closing and reopening the directory results in the same, but some images now loaded some not... different ones than before. I just noticed it happens only with Tagged photos, but doesn't happen on all of tagged photos, just some of them. Haven't seen it on untagged photos yet. Photos from D2Xs, normal files just as before. The photos open in photoshop just fine.

Please see screenshots:
contacts:

and preview:

Another think - colour management on/off does nothing, photos are in AdobeRGB (NOT embedded, just tagged by camera, D2Xs), but the toggle doesn't do anything, and to my eye they look as not colour managed (ie still look like AdobeRGB file viewed in ICC Un-aware application, that is greener and murkier).

Thanks, Frantisek

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
Re: 4.5 - Blank thumbnails/previews (sometimes)
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 04:02:45 AM »
Just to add - After it first appeared, I updated Quicktime to 6.5.2, but I still get the error box upon starting PM (behind the logo, must alt-tab to it). WinXP SP2, QT 6.5.2 (just the essentials, not the whole package).

Thanks Frantisek

Offline Eric

• View Profile
Re: 4.5 - Blank thumbnails/previews (sometimes)
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 05:56:27 AM »
Had the same issue. In my case it was all the untagged photos. Took its time then the thumbnails just started popping up like pop corn.