Author Topic: Multiple Crops  (Read 5500 times)

Offline chumby

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Multiple Crops
« on: March 30, 2020, 01:03:30 AM »
Hi all,

Having the ability to have multiple crops over the one master image (say 5 presets). 

This way I could crop for different rato's throughout my catalogue (16:9, 16:10, 3:2, 4:3 etc) and then export out an image with one of the desired preset crops.

Don't like the idea of having to delete hours worth of cropping presets for one ratio if I needed to recrop for another ratio.

Thank you.

Chumby

Offline chumby

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple Crops
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 05:57:18 PM »
Hi all,

Any thoughts / updates on a multiple crop facility?

Cheers,
Chumby

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2020, 12:35:45 PM »
Any thoughts / updates on a multiple crop facility?

It's not something we're planning to do.  The cropping metadata is stored in XMP and the "Adobe Standard" does not allow for multiple crops.

-Kirk

Offline chumby

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2020, 03:54:43 PM »
OK, thanks Kirk.

If there was any work around I would be happy to here it ;)

At the moment I am shooting in 4:3, then need to crop to 3:2 and then again to 16:9 (for different exports).  The 16:9 crop will stay there as it is the last crop) ... but there is no way to export at 3:2 again without having to remove the 16:9 crop and redoing the 3:2.

Doesn't sound like a lot of work, but over hundreds of photos it is very time consuming.

Thanks,
Chumby.

Offline chumby

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2020, 07:54:12 PM »
Just had a thought on this...

On the main preview screen, you may have 10 image selected with a 3:2 crop previously setup and showing.  You can currently right click --> Crop --> Remove Crop and then I can go and put in the new crops one by one (takes a long time).

Would it be possible to add another option here right Click --> Crop --> Replace Crop, and then select another crop (full) previously saved in a snapshot (ie 16:9 ratio) so that each individual crop doesn't need to be replaced one at a time.

This would save plenty of time.

Thanks
Chumby.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2020, 09:38:10 PM »
Just had a thought on this...

On the main preview screen, you may have 10 image selected with a 3:2 crop previously setup and showing.  You can currently right click --> Crop --> Remove Crop and then I can go and put in the new crops one by one (takes a long time).

Would it be possible to add another option here right Click --> Crop --> Replace Crop, and then select another crop (full) previously saved in a snapshot (ie 16:9 ratio) so that each individual crop doesn't need to be replaced one at a time.

The snapshots are just settings, not actual crop coordinates.  I'm not sure how what you're suggesting would work.  You can copy a crop and apply it to a selection of images in the Contact Sheet though and perhaps that would work?

-Kirk

Offline chumby

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2020, 05:37:01 PM »
Grat, thanks Kirk.  Didn't know you could do that...

I'll give the Copy / Paste crop a go.

Cheers
Chumby