Author Topic: Creation Date  (Read 5273 times)

Offline emccainaz

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Creation Date
« on: April 17, 2007, 07:00:20 AM »
I need to grab the creation date of a bunch of files and place it in an IPTC field, preferably the Date Created field for iView Media Pro. Is there a way to use PM to do this?

Edward McCain
www.mccainphoto.com
Tucson, AZ

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Creation Date
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 07:09:38 AM »
Edward,

I need to grab the creation date of a bunch of files and place it in an IPTC field, preferably the Date Created field for iView Media Pro. Is there a way to use PM to do this?

Creation/Capture date: {date}
Creation/Capture time: {time}

You can put it into whatever field you like and apply it with the IPTC Stationery Pad.  If you want to use the standard IPTC date field, then you can use the popup menu next to the Date control and change it to read "Capture Time".  Remember to set the [ ] Date: checkbox before you apply the IPTC Stationery Pad.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline drmrbrewer

• View Profile
Re: Creation Date
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 04:55:25 AM »
You might also want to see my post across on the MediaPro forums here: http://forum.iview-multimedia.com/viewtopic.php?t=5907.  I also have an equivalent script for taking the info instead from the File Creation date (not File Modified) date -- which I think is more what you asked for -- and one for just taking it from the EXIF Capture Date (without referring to File Creation/Modified).  But the linked script is easily modified to do whatever you want.  And you can then sync the info back to the files, if you choose, or just leave it in the catalog.

Mike