Author Topic: Catalog image Previews Generation - hanging (10 batches remaining)  (Read 1937 times)

Offline macz

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Looks like there is an issue with generating previews: after ingesting 160 large edited TIFFs into a catalog, PM Plus has major problems handling them. First there was a message that the Preview generation would last .... Then after a certain time it stopped - remaining yellow and with the message "10 batches remaining".
However I see no progress bar, no wheel turning or such things. But the images are not completely rendered in the preview. What can I do? "Refresh" does not improve the situation.
–Markus

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Catalog image Previews Generation - hanging (10 batches remaining)
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2020, 10:06:30 AM »
Markus,

Looks like there is an issue with generating previews: after ingesting 160 large edited TIFFs into a catalog, PM Plus has major problems handling them. First there was a message that the Preview generation would last .... Then after a certain time it stopped - remaining yellow and with the message "10 batches remaining".
However I see no progress bar, no wheel turning or such things. But the images are not completely rendered in the preview. What can I do? "Refresh" does not improve the situation.

Which build of Photo Mechanic Plus are you running?

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2020, 05:15:02 PM »
Please try the interim build, available here: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=13663.0

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Darrin Zammit Lupi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2020, 02:39:37 PM »
I seem to have a similar issue.  Creating a catalog containing thousands of files and the Catalog Image Preview Generation has been hung on 17919 batches remaining for several hours now.  I'm using Photo Mechanic Plus Version 6.0, build 5376 (14f9534).   
UPDATE - Just saw the post about the newer build, installed that and that seems to have unblocked the problem.  Will leave it working overnight and see if all's ok in the morning.  Will revert here if not.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 02:56:20 PM by Darrin Zammit Lupi »