Author Topic: Combined images not working  (Read 3039 times)

Offline Snooks

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Combined images not working
« on: November 24, 2020, 12:19:01 PM »
Does anyone have any ideas why combined images isn't working on the catalog side of PM+?

It works fine on contact sheets using cmd+J, but when viewing on the catalog side, be it a catalog/collection computer says no.

Running build 5376, on a 2013 Mac book pro (Catalina 10.15.7)

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Combined images not working
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 12:48:28 PM »
Does anyone have any ideas why combined images isn't working on the catalog side of PM+?

It works fine on contact sheets using cmd+J, but when viewing on the catalog side, be it a catalog/collection computer says no.

Are the images in the same physical folder?  If you select the CR2 and then look at the status bar at the bottom of the window (making note of the path) and then select only the matching JPEG and look at the status bar, do the paths match?

If the paths don't match then they won't be paired.

-Kirk

Offline Snooks

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 12:58:24 PM »

Are the images in the same physical folder?  If you select the CR2 and then look at the status bar at the bottom of the window (making note of the path) and then select only the matching JPEG and look at the status bar, do the paths match?

-Kirk

Ahhh...no they aren't. That would explain it.

I split RAW and jpgs into different folders, so I can load the RAW files into Capture 1 and have the jpg images available remotely without haveing to wat for RAW and JPG images to load.

That's a drag. I'm guessing the only workaround would be to put them all in the same folder?

Thank you though.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 01:00:49 PM »

-Kirk

Ahhh...no they aren't. That would explain it.

I split RAW and jpgs into different folders, so I can load the RAW files into Capture 1 and have the jpg images available remotely without haveing to wat for RAW and JPG images to load.

That's a drag. I'm guessing the only workaround would be to put them all in the same folder?

Yes, that's correct.

-Kirk

Offline Snooks

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2020, 01:23:39 PM »
OK...Before I go about moving 150k+ jpg images :-[....is this going to be something that will likely change in future builds? ;D

Also if I were to move the jpg files into the same folder as the RAW images would I have to rescan the catalog, or is PM clever enough to know it's the same files....and, finally [I promise] is there a way of only showing RAW or JPG files (without adding jpg/cr2 in the search box)?

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2020, 03:52:26 PM »
OK...Before I go about moving 150k+ jpg images :-[....is this going to be something that will likely change in future builds? ;D

Not likely.  Your JPEGs and RAWs may be in folders that are siblings of each other, but they could be on different hard drives (as duplicates, it happens quite often) so joining is only done if the two images share the same folder.

Also if I were to move the jpg files into the same folder as the RAW images would I have to rescan the catalog, or is PM clever enough to know it's the same files.

If you do the moving in Photo Mechanic Plus, it should make everything up-to-date.  If you do the moving outside of PMPlus then you'll need to use the Catalog Sync tool (Catalog->Sync Catalogs...)

Is there a way of only showing RAW or JPG files (without adding jpg/cr2 in the search box)?

You could either enter 'and filetype CCR2' or 'and filetype JPEG' to your search terms (without the quotes) and you'll only see CR2 or JPEG files that match the rest of your criteria.  You can also Filter by File Type and use a Custom Search Filter to do the same thing but it would be more point-and-click.

-Kirk

Offline Soizic

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2020, 10:08:47 PM »
Hello
With CaptureOne I take out two JPEGs; a small one that stays next to the RAW for PM and the other of normal size that goes elsewhere on the disk.
Soizic (France)
MacBook Pro M1,Ventura, PM+ à jour, deepl translator

Offline Snooks

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2020, 01:54:19 AM »
Thanks Everyone