Author Topic: Scan to catalog UI issue  (Read 1711 times)

Offline bazography

• View Profile
Scan to catalog UI issue
« on: November 28, 2020, 12:49:30 AM »
PM+ 6.0, build 5376 (14f9534)
Mac OS 10.14.6

When using the Scan To Catalog function, I selected one of my snapshots and noticed that the “Folders to scan” area was empty. It should have contained a single folder path. I assumed there was a problem with the snapshot so I clicked “add” and manually selected the folder path, but again the “Folders to scan” area remained empty. I then clicked the “start” button just to see what would happen, and the scan began and completed normally.

Afterwards I tried adding different folders to the list, and that worked normally. The new paths appeared one line down from the top, so it looks to me like the missing folder path is actually there, but just not visible (screen shot).

Two folder paths that I have made snapshots for are behaving this way... they refuse to be visible for some reason. One path is on an internal drive and one is on an external drive.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Scan to catalog UI issue
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 06:03:10 PM »
PM+ 6.0, build 5376 (14f9534)
Mac OS 10.14.6

When using the Scan To Catalog function, I selected one of my snapshots and noticed that the “Folders to scan” area was empty. It should have contained a single folder path. I assumed there was a problem with the snapshot so I clicked “add” and manually selected the folder path, but again the “Folders to scan” area remained empty. I then clicked the “start” button just to see what would happen, and the scan began and completed normally.

Afterwards I tried adding different folders to the list, and that worked normally. The new paths appeared one line down from the top, so it looks to me like the missing folder path is actually there, but just not visible (screen shot).

Two folder paths that I have made snapshots for are behaving this way... they refuse to be visible for some reason. One path is on an internal drive and one is on an external drive.

Could you post the snapshot file here please?  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your snapshot file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline bazography

• View Profile
Re: Scan to catalog UI issue
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2020, 10:46:28 AM »
I think I just figured it out. The folders that aren't visible use "&" in the file name.