Author Topic: Hide file types in Contact Sheet  (Read 2763 times)

Offline TallTrees

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hide file types in Contact Sheet
« on: December 07, 2020, 06:27:41 PM »
If I Ingest images into Photo Mechanic, process them in Capture One, which creates an xmp file to store and sync metadata, and then go back into PM, I see the .xmp files. Is there a way to hide the .xmp, .aae, .fp2 and other non-image files? (I've looked through the Preferences for an option, but perhaps I've overlooked it.)

Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Hide file types in Contact Sheet
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2020, 06:37:58 PM »
If I Ingest images into Photo Mechanic, process them in Capture One, which creates an xmp file to store and sync metadata, and then go back into PM, I see the .xmp files. Is there a way to hide the .xmp, .aae, .fp2 and other non-image files? (I've looked through the Preferences for an option, but perhaps I've overlooked it.)

PM does not offer the ability to choose what file types to hide.  Could you post a screen shot of the folder you're browsing so that I can see its structure?

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline TallTrees

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 07:09:10 PM »
"PM does not offer the ability to choose what file types to hide.  Could you post a screen shot of the folder you're browsing so that I can see its structure?

Thanks,

-Kirk"

It's the same exact file structure that is used with all of images.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2020, 07:35:05 PM »
OK, so the reason you're seeing the .XMP files is because PM couldn't find any RAW file to attach it to.  As for the FP2 files, that's a file type unknown to PM.  What is it used for?

If you don't want to see unknown/unpaired file types then you can uncheck the "Unknown files as proxies" menu item on the View menu and all of them will disappear.

-Kirk

Offline TallTrees

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2020, 09:56:07 AM »
OK, so the reason you're seeing the .XMP files is because PM couldn't find any RAW file to attach it to.  As for the FP2 files, that's a file type unknown to PM.  What is it used for?

If you don't want to see unknown/unpaired file types then you can uncheck the "Unknown files as proxies" menu item on the View menu and all of them will disappear.

-Kirk

Ah, very interesting. I wonder what happened to the RAW file that should have been associated with the JPEG? Strange. As for the FP2, I have NO IDEA where those came from, as I've NEVER seen them before. Looking up the filetype, they're associated with an app called Fun Paint, which I've also never heard of. There are only a few of them, so I'll delete them, and hope for the best.

Thanks!