Author Topic: Reorder Thumbnails by dragging  (Read 2446 times)

Offline whodunit

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Reorder Thumbnails by dragging
« on: December 12, 2020, 01:20:53 PM »
Is it possible to reorder  thumbnails by dragging around inside a window? I find search to be amazing and would like to present images from Photomechanic on a secondary viewer but I'd like to  rearrange  the order of images without having to renumber or rename, dragging them to the order I choose.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Reorder Thumbnails by dragging
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2020, 04:27:45 PM »
Is it possible to reorder  thumbnails by dragging around inside a window? I find search to be amazing and would like to present images from Photomechanic on a secondary viewer but I'd like to  rearrange  the order of images without having to renumber or rename, dragging them to the order I choose.

You mentioned 'search', are you using Photo Mechanic Plus?

-Kirk

Offline whodunit

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2020, 01:56:06 PM »
Yes - I am exploring the trial to see if it's the tool for me. In "collections" I would like to assemble photos for a live presentation, and have the ability to reorder images quickly.

If I am asked to show another file in my library, not in the collection I have readied - it would be a breeze to pop out of "collections" to "search" and find it. But I would like to rearrange thumbnails like in Lightroom or as you could in Aperture.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2020, 08:14:58 PM »
Yes - I am exploring the trial to see if it's the tool for me. In "collections" I would like to assemble photos for a live presentation, and have the ability to reorder images quickly.

If I am asked to show another file in my library, not in the collection I have readied - it would be a breeze to pop out of "collections" to "search" and find it. But I would like to rearrange thumbnails like in Lightroom or as you could in Aperture.

Collections do allow the images to be arranged.  In the sort popup in the contact sheet toolbar choose "Arrangement" and you should be able to select an image and then drag it to the desired location.

-Kirk