Author Topic: Only add the JPG of a combined RAW + JPG pair to the catalog  (Read 2020 times)

Offline RonD200

• View Profile
    • Digital Images by Ron Skinner
Only add the JPG of a combined RAW + JPG pair to the catalog
« on: December 14, 2020, 09:39:54 AM »
I view my photos in my contact sheets as RAW+JPG and when I select the photo and right click and choose Include in Catalog it adds both the raw and the jpg images to the catalog, is there a way to only have the jpg image added to the catalog? I looked in Catalog Preferences and didn't see an option to add either the raw or jpg or both to the catalog. What I have to do now is un-combine the images and then add the jpg to the catalog then combine the images again. If there isn't a way to do this I'll submit a feature request.

Thanks
My Gallery - Digital Images by Ron Skinner
My Blog - Ron's Blog

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Only add the JPG of a combined RAW + JPG pair to the catalog
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2020, 10:24:28 AM »
Ron,

I view my photos in my contact sheets as RAW+JPG and when I select the photo and right click and choose Include in Catalog it adds both the raw and the jpg images to the catalog, is there a way to only have the jpg image added to the catalog? I looked in Catalog Preferences and didn't see an option to add either the raw or jpg or both to the catalog. What I have to do now is un-combine the images and then add the jpg to the catalog then combine the images again. If there isn't a way to do this I'll submit a feature request.

There is currently no way to do this automatically when manually adding an image pair.  Can you tell me why you only want JPEGs in your catalog?  Scan to Catalog can be set up to only include specific file extensions.

-Kirk

Offline RonD200

• View Profile
    • Digital Images by Ron Skinner
Re: Only add the JPG of a combined RAW + JPG pair to the catalog
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 11:13:35 AM »
What I do is ingest  my NEF Raw files with PM+, then I cull the photos to see which ones are keepers, then I edit in ON1 Photo Raw and save the edited file as a JPG with the same name to the same folder  to pair up with the RAW file in PM+ so I can see the edits. At first I would just save the pair of RAW+JPG to the catalog, but then I figured no sense adding them both to the catalog since I really only want to see the finished edited photo and if I want to see both the raw and Jpg photos I can click on the jpg in the catalog and do a see in context and see the contact sheet with both RAW+JPG. Also when I saved both RAW+JPG in the catalog and did a filter on keywords it would count the RAW+JPG as two photos which is correct instead of just counting it as one combined pair.  By just adding the JPG it also saves space in the catalog.
My Gallery - Digital Images by Ron Skinner
My Blog - Ron's Blog