Author Topic: Copy/Move dialog box saving folder path in snapshot  (Read 1547 times)

Offline myotis

• View Profile
Copy/Move dialog box saving folder path in snapshot
« on: February 20, 2021, 07:26:17 AM »
I "thought" that in the past I had set up several snapshots for the move/copy options (cmd+Y) that would also change the destination folder where I wanted the files copied to.

Now when I save and select different snapshots, the radio button and tick box selections change, but the path in the "This folder" field stays at whatever folder path was last manually selected when creating the snapshots.

Have I imagined being able to use snapshots to change the destination folder?

Is there a way to switch quickly between destinations for copying files to?

It's build 5560 on High Sierra if that is relevant.

Thanks,

Graham

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Copy/Move dialog box saving folder path in snapshot
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 07:56:05 AM »
Graham,

I "thought" that in the past I had set up several snapshots for the move/copy options (cmd+Y) that would also change the destination folder where I wanted the files copied to.

Now when I save and select different snapshots, the radio button and tick box selections change, but the path in the "This folder" field stays at whatever folder path was last manually selected when creating the snapshots.

Have I imagined being able to use snapshots to change the destination folder?

Is there a way to switch quickly between destinations for copying files to?

It's build 5560 on High Sierra if that is relevant.

It is a bug that I unfortunately introduced in build 5560.  I have fixed it already and the next build will have that fix.

-Kirk

Offline myotis

• View Profile
Re: Copy/Move dialog box saving folder path in snapshot
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2021, 09:10:39 AM »

It is a bug that I unfortunately introduced in build 5560.  I have fixed it already and the next build will have that fix.

-Kirk

Thank goodness, I was absolutely sure I had done this in the past, but after spending the morning googling I couldn't actually find it explained any where, and thought it might be my memory !

Cheers,

Graham