Author Topic: Edting metadata like Lightroom for multiple images  (Read 1747 times)

Offline Volcano

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Edting metadata like Lightroom for multiple images
« on: March 17, 2021, 04:24:07 PM »
I would like to edit IPTC data, especially keywords, for multiple images similar to the way Lightroom does it. To be specific, in Lightroom you can tag several images and view the metadata for those selected photos in a sidebar. The sidebar shows an indicator when data is different between images and also shows the actual data (e.g. a keyword(s)) that is the same in all the images. You can then add or edit any of the data right in the sidebar and apply it to those images. Is there a similar way to do that in Photo Mechanic Plus?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Edting metadata like Lightroom for multiple images
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 04:39:21 PM »
I would like to edit IPTC data, especially keywords, for multiple images similar to the way Lightroom does it. To be specific, in Lightroom you can tag several images and view the metadata for those selected photos in a sidebar. The sidebar shows an indicator when data is different between images and also shows the actual data (e.g. a keyword(s)) that is the same in all the images. You can then add or edit any of the data right in the sidebar and apply it to those images. Is there a similar way to do that in Photo Mechanic Plus?

No, not yet, but it's something we're planning to do.

-Kirk

Offline Volcano

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Edting metadata like Lightroom for multiple images
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 05:14:58 PM »
Thank you very much for your response Kirk. I am working on a catalogue of several hundred thousands of images. Lightroom has proven to be quite slow in many respects where Photo Mechanic shines. However, I have found that key wording is one area where I am finding PM to be much slower and will welcome this capability as soon as you can release it. In the meantime are there any resources you or anyone else can point me to that show the most productive ways to apply/edit metadata? Most of the Youtube videos I have found are somewhat basic.

Thank you.